Hondo's Bar

The NZA

Those LEGO con pics always amaze me. I wonder how much time they spend assembling those displays at the hotels? From my understanding a lot of the bigger ones are group projects and different people build different parts and they assemble them at the con. I'll have to try to make it out to one of those some day.

The X-Wing looks like one of the over-sized or up-scaled models, right? They did a B-Wing a while back in that scale. I picked up the scaled version on

sale last year for $39 and am really pleased w/ it. However, if the price point it right, that might be the one for you, Newt.

• 1 month later...

What happens when LEGO falls in to the wrong hands. It begins with a tour of a Japanese nuclear reactor being attacked by a LEGO tsunami (Wolverine was fitting though as there is a disaster theme to this piece), then moves on to an oil spill, a prison, a mob guy getting buried in cement, then an Occupy Wall St. take down by police in riot gear, and it ends w/ terrorists blowing up a plane.

There but for the grace of God goes Newt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Recommended for ages 14+, the Slave I will comprise of 1,996 pieces and will retail for US $199.99, CA $229.99, DE 199.99€, UK £169.99 and DK 1699.00 DKK from 1st January 2015.

Lift off for bounty-hunting adventures in the Slave I! Search the galaxy for fugitives with Boba Fett and his Slave I with rotating cockpit and wings, dual shooters and a display stand. Track down fugitives with legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett aboard the powerful Slave I! This exclusive LEGO® Star Wars model features a rotating cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode, plus dual shooters and hidden blasters to repel attackers. Reenact the capture of Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and take off from Bespin with the carbonite-imprisoned Rebel hero in the cargo hold. Attach the stand to display this iconic ship in characteristic upright flight. Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Boba Fett, Bespin Guard, Stormtrooper and Han Solo.

Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Boba Fett, Bespin Guard, Stormtrooper and Han Solo • Also includes Han Solo in carbonite!

• Features a rotating cockpit and wings, opening side hatches with hidden guns and missiles, 2 rotating dual shooters, cargo hold and a display stand with data sheet
  • Weapons include special blaster pistol for Boba Fett, blaster pistol for Bespin Guard and a blaster rifle for the Stormtrooper
  • Boba Fett and Bespin Guard minifigures are unique to this set
  • Rotate the cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode
  • Place carbonite-imprisoned Han Solo in the cargo hold
  • Open the side hatches to unleash missiles from the hidden guns
  • Showcase the huge Slave I in upright flight on the display stand
  • Recreate classic scenes from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
  • Measures over 7” (20cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 14” (37cm) wide in landing mode

na9EC0F.jpg

hKgBwG8.jpg

IP76S52.jpg

O8egOiF.jpg

• 3 months later...

Build and display the huge SHIELD Helicarrier! Take on the challenge of building this awesome LEGO model of The SHIELD Helicarrier. Construct the flying aircraft carrier with 2 runways, microscale Quinjets, fighter jets and ground support vehicles. The set also comes with many of your favorite LEGO Marvel Super Heroes minifigures, plus 12 microfigures to display on deck and within the highly detailed interior. Includes 5 minifigures: Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill, plus an iconic SHIELD eagle stand to display them on.
  • Features 3 microscale Quinjets, 3 fighter jets, a gasoline truck, 2 forklift trucks, 2 runways, 4 road blockades, armored exterior with translucent elements, detailed interior, plus 12. microfigures (Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man and 8 SHIELD agents).
  • Also includes a detailed runway.
  • Weapons include Hawkeye’s bow, Black Widow’s gun and Captain America’s shield.
  • SHIELD Agent Maria Hill minifigure is new for spring 2015!
  • Includes a plaque with facts about The SHIELD Helicarrier.
  • Add lights and spinning rotors to the Helicarrier with the #88000, #8883 and #8870 LEGO Power Functions sets (sold separately).
  • Rotors can also be turned manually.
  • Includes a display stand.
  • Helicarrier measures over 11” (29cm) high, 31” (80cm) long and 17” (45cm) wide.
  • Each Quinjet measures over 1” (3cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide
  • Minifigure stand measures over 4” (12cm) high, and 2” (6cm deep) and 6” (16cm wide)
  • Ages 16+
    2,996 pieces
    US $349.99 – CA $399.99 – DE 349.99€ – UK £269.99 – DK 2999.00 DKK

Available March 1st, or for LEGO VIPs on February 17th.

OADqSEc.jpg

IbZWJ9n.jpg

WcPNl0A.jpg

i0XiYsH.jpg

mQqUc4W.jpg

bcKSpLJ.jpg

m1hhvBz.jpg

mFJDgRS.jpg

xbC08eA.jpg

MCYhYGh.jpg

d3bPdNO.jpg

9N95b0e.jpg

1jpySFX.jpg

jNazbVl.jpg

uoRaBYD.jpg

2EVShl4.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Newt, have you seen a price on that Hellicarrier yet? I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in the $300 range. What do you think of the new SW sets? I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing. The Tydirium might be worth it depending on the price, but the throne room diorama looks disappointing based on the box pic. :/

Outta the box I can say it looks like a good play set for kids, but still not so great as a display. It's all outta scale, but the actual throne area looks okay. If just that part was sold as a mini set for like $10-$12 I'd buy that. They did a similar thing with LOTR and Sarumon's throne. Also, why not give the Imperial Guards spears like in the past sets? Meh.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to The Kwik-E-Mart—your one-stop shop for convenience foods at inconvenient prices! This highly detailed and iconic LEGO version of The Simpsons store is packed with more rich, colorful details than a Mr. Burns birthday cake has candles! Walk under the huge Kwik-E-Mart sign and join Homer, Marge and Bart as they browse the aisles filled with beauty products, diapers, dog food, pastries, fruits, vegetables and more—including Krusty-O’s and Chef Lonelyheart’s Soup for One. Then head over to the refrigerated cases where you’ll find Buzz Cola, chocolate milk, various other drinks and snacks… and frozen Jasper!

There’s also a Buzz Cola soda fountain, juice dispensers, coffee machine, arcade games, ATM and stacks of Powersauce boxes. At the counter, Apu is ready to tempt you with a variety of printed magazines, comic books, cards, tofu hot dogs, freshly expired donuts and his ever-popular hallucination-inducing Squishees. At the back, there’s a storage closet complete with rat and an exit. On the roof you’ll discover Apu’s secret vegetable garden, while outside this amazing model features bright-yellow walls, 2 phone booths, a stack of purple crates, and a dumpster area with ‘El Barto’ graffiti, opening door and an iconic blue dumpster that also opens.

You can also remove the roof and open out the rear walls for easy access. This set also includes Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird), who loves nothing more than stealing cars and robbing the Kwik-E-Mart—but this time Chief Wiggum is hot on his tail in his police car. Capture this bandit and return peace to the town of Springfield and the amazing Kwik-E-Mart. This fantastic set includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson, Marge Simpson, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum and Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird).

• Features opening rear walls, a removable roof with secret vegetable garden, Kwik-E-Mart signage, light-blue walls, dusty blue floors, turquoise welcome mat, shelves, refrigerated cases, counter, Buzz Cola soda fountain, juice dispensers, coffee machine, 2 arcade games, ATM, crates of Powersauce bars, surveillance cameras, rear storage closet with a rat, cheese, rat hole and an exit door.
  • Shelves feature beauty products, diapers, dog food, pastries, fruits, vegetables and more—including Krusty-O’s and Chef Lonelyheart’s Soup for One.
  • Refrigerator cabinets feature a variety of beverages including cans of Buzz Cola... and frozen Jasper!
  • Counter features a cash register, magazine and card display, lottery machine, hot dog oven, donut display and a Squishee dispenser with 2 Squishees.
  • Also includes Chief Wiggum’s police car featuring an opening trunk, removable roof and space for 3 minifigures.
  • Accessory elements include Bart’s spray can, Marge’s shopping basket, Apu’s broom and Chief Wiggum’s cuffs and truncheon.
  • Kwik-E-Mart measures over 5" (14cm) high, 14" (38cm) wide and 10" (27cm) deep.
  • Police car measures over 2" (6cm) high, 2" (6cm) wide and 5" (15cm) deep.

71016 - The Kwik-E-Mart, 2,179 pieces.

US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1699.00 DKK. Available May 2015.

NwGGzeK.jpg

kLAwtO5.jpg

Q9Kw7fY.jpg

9zIl4Ty.jpg

1eDwR1M.jpg

YbTTO6D.jpg

fOW28i5.jpg

That is so great. I would almost take this over the SImpson's house except for that price point. There's also a new line of blind bag minifigs on the way.

71009_Prod-620x446.jpg

I got pretty much the entire collection of the first wave. [still missing Chief Wigham & Milhouse!] But this round I could do without the SImpsons fmaily--save Bartman--as well as Marge's sisters and the doctor.

• 2 months later...

Two things make this video interesting to me:

1. I want that shirt he's wearing in Benny blue. How did I not know this was available until now?!?

2. Near the end of the video they show that LEGO is seriously considering making a LEGO diorama of the kitchen from the 1980s sitcom Golden Girls. I shit you not.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Spaceship!

• 4 months later...

RTEvCYn.jpg

q2E6hWD.jpg

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

4,634 pieces.

US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £274.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK

Available January 1st.

Get ready to bust some ghosts at the Firehouse Headquarters!

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters™ scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

• Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost.

• Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.

• Slide the Ghostbusters™ heroes down the fire pole into action.

• Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.

• Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!

• Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!

• Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.

• Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.

• Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, toaster with slime, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!

• Features opening walls for easy play access.

• Ghostbusters™ minifigures come with decorated arms.

• Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.

• With walls opened out, measures over 14” (36cm) high, 18” (46 cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.

• Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning January 2016 via shop.LEGO.com.

• Upvote 1

Nice! I dig the Dana (There is no Dana, only Zul!), Janine, and Louis minifigs a lot. And the Ecto-1 fits in the doors. This probably explains why they made the car not to mini-fig scale. Man, I'd have loved this set as a kid. I'd love it now, but I just have no place to put these bigger sets anymore. I still want the Kwik-E-Mart so bad, too. Damn you for being so awesome Lego!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin