Hondo's Bar

Iron Man

...I could just watch Downey Jr. talk to those robot arms all day

Oh my god, I know!!

Cj and I just got back from watching this. This is already one of my top favorite movies.

I didn't even realize Jeff Bridges was in this! Halfway through it hit me. I recognized his voice, haha, and that was about it.

For my money, this flick was better than Spider-man 2,

yea.

Not knocking Spidey 2, it was good, but I think this movie was far better.

I have a hard time placing it above Bats and Bats above it, though..but I'm leaning towards this one.

I can't believe this is already on page 2! Is IM so passe already?

Firstly, who is pitured whaling on my boy Newt in the first pic last page? Cam is blurry as shit.

Secondly, this movie(or what I saw of it) was fucking awesome!! Just where Stark is testing out his boots on their own, I had a blinding toothache take me(I have a rotted wisdom tooth I been meaning to get pulled for the last year) outside nearly sobbing and trying to find an allnight dentist or somesuch. Kudos to Arnah for telling the cinema staff I cracked a tooth on their popcorn and in order to avoid a lawsuit, managed to procure some super bombad painkillers, then I picked back up near the end with the big villian reveal and such. What I saw blew me away, and yeah, stayed through the credits and that alone was worth the price of admission. I'd definitely rate this above X2 in terms of cast delivery, and it's kinda neck and neck with Spidey 2.

Just came from seeing this one. I fuckin love it. Everything about it was just great. Like always I cant wait to have it and watch it 20.000 or so times more.

But I think that the best I can say about Iron man is this: I went to see it with Maria (who doesnt like particulary comics and related stuff) and she loved it as well.

If i had to rank it, it would be something like:

Iron Man/ Spidey 2/ Sin city

Batman Begins/ X-2

everything else...

i saw this, yesterday.

really enjoyed it, it certainly lived up to expectations.

but i would'nt have it up there with spidey 2 and x-men 2

my top ten comic adaptations

1. sin city

2. batman begins

3. 300

4. spider-man 2

5. x-men 2

6. spider-man

7. iron man

8. crow

9. v for vendetta

10. x-men

me and rachael saw it twice once together and once with my mom it was very much kick ass

*Snaps photo*

YOU GOT EVERMALICE! 5000points

POSITION- Post is a little high up in the shot- 637points

POSE- He said Kick Ass-That constitutes an action shot!- 2700points

SIZE- The post is rather small- 220points

EVERMALICE IS A RARE POKEMON- 2000points

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Was seeing her as a Neo-Nazi mad scientist not enough for you Joel? You need to see her as a red-headed communist in a catsuit too?

Here's to hoping she does a Russian accent better than Cate Blanchett (yes I know she was supposed to be Ukranian, but the fall of the Soviet Union had the unfortunate consequence of making geography harder, and "Bring me Moose and Sqvirrel" sounds the same either way.)