Hondo's Bar

Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer

The NZA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr Steve actually got me interested in this after letting me/making me nearly at knifepoint fuck around with one of his favourite game Farenhiet/Indigo Prophecy. This slight trend of Australia getting better CE than you guys makes me smile a little on the inside, and further to that a big fuck you back, since you guys will be paying what, $150 for the CE of God of War 3 while I'll be shelling out $250.

Dr Steve actually got me interested in this after letting me/making me nearly at knifepoint fuck around with one of his favourite game Farenhiet/Indigo Prophecy. This slight trend of Australia getting better CE than you guys makes me smile a little on the inside, and further to that a big fuck you back, since you guys will be paying what, $150 for the CE of God of War 3 while I'll be shelling out $250.

$150 you say?

• 3 weeks later...

review scores so far are looking good!

better than the sales're gonna, sadly

im skimming so as to not spoil, but best news so far: NOTHING SUPERNATURAL. man, was i worried about that.

not to say it cant get convoluted, but at least it'll be (somewhat?) focused.

I gotta be honest...I wasn't a huge fan of Indigo Prophecy (from the little I played) so I wasn't keen on the prospects of Choc...I mean, Heavy Rain. But after playing the demo...damn! Both my brother and I were hooked on the Characters (mostly Shelby), story and possible outcomes based on your interaction (or lack there of) in the game. It is on lock! Pre-ordered yesterday.

so you fixed it? cause for me, the audio distorts here & there. im not talking about some of the bad voice acting, i mean, it generally sounds scratchy at some parts, is that just me?

played the demo yesterday (thanks again Los!), holy shit if i wasnt already sold, i sure am now. just rather scared im gonna fuck up some major part and have it autosave

oh god cmon breathe the inhaler i totally hit triangle FUCK HE'S DEAD WHAT THE SHIT

• 2 weeks later...

NZA- Now I wanna go try that. Played the demo a couple of times to master the quicktime

combat

, had a blast also with the CSI gear.

Dunno if I told you all but I managed to get my hands on a mint copy of Fahrenheit(ironically the AU version that includes the sex scene) that I started as well. Good times.

did you play through it, yet? lemme warn you: game's awesome, but the 3rd quarter or so...goes for a bit've a loop.

so dying to go get this one, but sen says she can get it through her job somehow if i wait a few weeks. i need impressions from los and others who jumped on it day 1!

i need impressions from los and others who jumped on it day 1!

I'm halfway through the game and I had to stop myself; needed sleep. Overall, there are some great twists and turns you don't see coming so it was really hard to tear myself away from the controller. The only thing that really takes me out of the experience is the horrendous voice acting. Especially in certain dramatic scenarios that I won't mention. One thing that also gets me is that i see that pause screen...A LOT. Not because the game does that but because I sit there pondering what I want to say next. Some things will make you kick yourself in the head for not remembering...can't say more. With that aside, I'm dying to see what happens based on the choices I've made thus far.

Like most reviews, it is off to a slow start but when it picks up-- it gets going. I suggest most of you do the same and support this game.

nice. yeah, bish was also heightening my concern for the voice acting...ah well.

like i said, Kertz says give her a few weeks and we should have it (hopefully), im content to play your copy whenever you're done in the meantime though, thinking i should jump on the prologue you guys snagged for now. keep puting up ongoing impressions as well!

ps must avoid most of the internet now for @#$%in spoilers

NZA- Now I wanna go try that. Played the demo a couple of times to master the quicktime

combat

, had a blast also with the CSI gear.

Dunno if I told you all but I managed to get my hands on a mint copy of Fahrenheit(ironically the AU version that includes the sex scene) that I started as well. Good times.

What?! You guys got the sex scenes and we didn't? What the hell! Well enjoy the extra two sex minigames (one of which features necrophilia!) and when the plot hits its third crazy twist try not to just set it down and walk away just out of the sheer stupidity of it.

Also: Was I the only one who thought it was weird that it was called "Farenheit" in all the countries that use the celcius scale, but they changed the name for the uS?

Archived