Hondo's Bar

Secret Invasion

The NZA

Secret Invasion  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read issue 2. I'm a big enough Avengers fan(though most of my knowledge is based on Vol 2 Perez/Busiek) that i found that mentioned moment very something, kinda a low-key gwen stacey/spiderman thing. Although it's pretty fuckin't obvious

both parties are skrulls. I tolyáll then and I repeat it now: No way Scarlet Witch could bring back Hawkeye from the dead, then piss off into obscurity. The magics used would need to be sustained and I doubt she has the energy or attention span, given theres no personal gain from it. Shit, does everyone know that Hawkeye's Ronin?

PS-- Since Marvel actually sems pretty lax about pimping tie-ins, and I'm genuinely interested, can one of you pirates not spending money on this shit refer me to some good books so I can stay in the loop? And what the hell's MI34?

ok, yeah, ill point to what sucks but to be fair, im dropping books like pigeons drop shit these days so you might need more input. FF: Secret Invasion was ok, doesnt get the seal of approval yet.

i dont know that everyone in MU knows who Ronin is, but youve got a point there. Again, like panch, i just hope you're wrong cause i mean, when was the last time that guy was nearly so interesting? cause i musta missed it.

damn! you guys want anyone that's getting some character to be a skrull, eh? again, it means youre possibly right, a shift like that, but i stand by the "please be wrong and take someone who's still boring, like you guys did with elektra."

damn! you guys want anyone that's getting some character to be a skrull, eh? again, it means youre possibly right, a shift like that, but i stand by the "please be wrong and take someone who's still boring, like you guys did with elektra."

He's fucking training children to be assassins. Have you read X-Force and Young X-Men?

Yeah i am! its better than its been in years!

and to be fair, the only kid on Stabforce is X-23 and she's already a trained assassin! Warpath, Rhane, theyre all grown. you really against it then? did you read Messiah Complex?

Yeah i am! its better than its been in years!

and to be fair, the only kid on Stabforce is X-23 and she's already a trained assassin! Warpath, Rhane, theyre all grown. you really against it then? did you read Messiah Complex?

X-23 is the only one I was talking about on X-Force, but haven't they been trying to break her of that habit? Or is that just my imagination? I see there's no mention of Young X-Men or who they're being told to target...

oh, ive no idea what's being done with X23 outside of that book, to be fair. and wait, i thought they were only targeting the Purifiers?

That's the X-Force. The new Young X-Men group they have now? They're being told to target the old members of the New Mutants (some bullshit about them forming a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants).

It was one of the poll choices here, and

in Secret Invasion #2, there was a Thor skrull (wasn't there?). They didn't show it as having been the same Thor we've been watching, but I am preemptively stating that Thor as a skrull is prohibited.

• 3 weeks later...

M-13 is the brit special services 007 comes from, no? that's all i got.

just read # 3:

ok, so im up to date on the Thunderbolts and didnt see that shit just yet. Still not gonna read the Initiative.

I think Spider-Woman's dicking about with Stark, no idea why its working. also, does Vision have to die in every bendis corssover? heh.

The appearance on the last page was awesome, but holy shit is that a big gun.

Yeah, Idunno what to make of

Stark & Spiderwoman, dickery seems likely because I don't think anyone wants to believe Bendis is gonna downplay 4 years like this. I want to know who's with Fury there, ' cause they look familiar.

• 1 month later...

Anyone read issue 4 yet? I can't help but feel this is going like every other big crossover where a story that could really be told in 2-3 issues is stretched out across a summer event and in whole issues nothing will happen until the last panel where they toss in a cliffhangar. HoM & CW both did this to great fucking effect. I has a theory though, partially based on Skrulls

drugging Tony Stark & making him think he's a Skrull Hero

and then also on the fact they can't be identified by normal means- a nanovirus that awakens a kind of Sleeper cell. Effectively the hosts remain hosts and that's why we can't tell, and something awakens them hence

He loves you

, and from there once all is said and done, Quesada & Bendis can pull all manner of shock reveals and in the end everyone can come together and say 'Oh they were faking'

Archived