Hondo's Bar

Secret Invasion

The NZA

Secret Invasion  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is that all you've got? Come on... How else are they gonna retain the status quo?! Sure the skrulls

admit that a lot of the 'secret' invasion is hype they were merely capitalising on the paranoia

, but the key ringers will somehow need to return at some point, and instead of doing it Thor-style they could just take this completely logical Deus Ex.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, I don't think so.

I think you're going to see Tony downgrade to a lesser suit, lead a rescue on

Reed

around the same Time

Thor and Cap

kick serious ass.

Fury's

going to hunt down

Jessica

, probably with

Logan

while the others find

Henry Pym

. Tony will then probably approach Xavier to find Strange and the real Black Bolt, around which time Namor will come up with the *real* Cap. They'll all unite and kick unholy ass, with the Atlanteans assisting the Surface Dwellers.

Don't know if this should be spoilered or not, cos it's not stuff that actually is happening, but rather my own thoughts on how it all might end.

No offense brother, but that is the most ridiculous ending of any story ever. And it's probably how it'll play out. If it does, I'll call Shen-- you know.

Seriously though, there's a bunch of strategic plants in the Marvel U and surely Electra coming back from the dead will no doubt tie into the Skrull imposter and her escaping from a spaceship(ninjas have no business being in space though), but I have trouble believing the Skrulls are going to all the trouble of keeping every single host/plant alive in suspension somewhere waiting to be released. And Arch? You know as well as I do ain't no Cap coming back outta this. That shit's as preposterous as Hawkeye remaining as a result of House of M.

skeet - been wondering that myself, and we all know they dont have the balls to shed elektra, pym & co with the story (sadly), so i guess we'll wait & see.

though im confused why you guys harp on Clint returning in HoM. That was one of the better parts, i thought - and he's finally got some character. If you dont believe me, go read that solo Pulse issue of his, or Cap: Fallen Son. You may be sketchy on how he came back, but fuck if theyre not making him better than he's been.

we'll also see how far arch's predictions are from the mark; that's one possible way it could go.

How is my entry not entirely more plausible? It's their Deus Ex on a goddamned platter!! ANd Nick, I agree except to the point that Clint's only just gotten interesting. He's always been one of my favourites and I hated seeing his death trivialised with that ridiculous shoehorn back into the Marvel U.

oh, your way's totally more plausible, i just hope it doesnt come to that...uh...somehow? we both know status quo is the end goal, though, and theyre not gonna leave those folks dead.

and hey, if i thought Clint was cool before, i mightve agreed, but since i didnt? he uh, he sure blowed real up good.

1216746315.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Are you able to stay away from spoiling mediums and such until it's done though? I still haven't read Planet Hulk and don't really feel I've been penalised as result spoiler-wise. Hell, I'm reading Loeb's red Hulk right now and it doesn't even mention that shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, that right there still doesn't sit with me. Sure it could be(and I'm willing to concede now that it IS plausible) that I dicked myself out of appreciating the 'cool' factor of Hawkeye's return with my constant dismissal and insistence that it couldn't be right, but even still it was a cheap thing to kill the guy and bring him back in most improbable circumstances four months later.

My point relating to SI though is, that Hawkeye/Ronin moment you're loving the shit out of right now? Just a hollow echo of the Gwen Stacey/Spiderman moment in House of M, not to mention

anyone thinking that shuttle full of Secret War Heroes was possibly for reals was a fucking idiot,

Clint Barton included.

I'd say not because while Gwen Stacey's death has always stayed with Spidey as well as the fans(it's a regret on the level of Spawn & his constant bitching about losing his family and being a human burger), and Bendis' cruel joke on Spidey/fans in HoM really fucking tore at the heartstrings, Clint Barton didn't give his dead ex much thought in the last, oh, ten-fifteen years, seeing his time better spent leading the are they villians/aren't they? Thunderbolts, boning Mockingbird/Screaming Mimi(who lives up to the name I'm told, as opposed to Moaning Myrtle) and mouthing off to Cap. Aside from that, say Bunny died 5 years ago and you'd well and truly moved on, then say, a race of shapechanging aliens infiltrated Earth's defences, destroying beauracracy(sp) and replacing your friends, then SUDDENLY a whole ship of your friends from 10 years ago shows up including your deaprted ex. Do you immediately go right back onto housemaking mode? I say only if you 1)are desperately seeking attention(which in an event like this is the worst possible thing) and/or 2) happen to be missing a large chunk of your brain.

Bendis has also played the 'dead Ex that hasn't been mentioned in 5 years turns out to be the reason for everything' card in Daredevil, and it somehow worked, Karen Paige is a slightly lesser version of Stacey. Hands up which of you even knew of Mockingbird prior to SI?

i think i did, but only in references, yeah. i see what you're saying, but you know, i dunno what affect seeing your dead ex in front of you would have, especially when youre freshly back like Clint and all. but yeah, believing anyone off the skrull ship was human was silly.

the Karen Page DD thing was a card well played, i thought...remember that it only just happened at the end of Smith's run so many issues before Bendis picked it up, so timeline-wise, it wasnt so far back.

anyway, reed's back with the deus ex gun, so things should be looking up now. in other news, im hoping for a "nick fury was right" shirt to hit ebay soon.

here's the thing, I like how it's 'deus ex' without really being 'deus ex'. Reed figured out how to stop it in the beginning before he was neutralized, so its not like he forgot in captivity.

well, that's true. they're clearly not making it up as they go. just wondering what's left for the remaining issues, i guess.

Archived