Hondo's Bar

Mike's Mixed Martial Arts Madness Thread!

Da Cap'n

OMG...what drama! Did she or her bf respond?? I do think you were a little hard on her. I am sure it wasn't her that wanted to put up the pictures. I am sure her bf had a lot to do with it.

So supposedly, Mike's last opponent got really upset about a mass e-mail that went out from his fight gym discribing the fight. I guess he said that it was nicely written, but not accurate. He claims that Mike 'got lucky'.

A few days before though, the guy's girlfriend asked to be Mike's friend on myspace. Mike, not thinking nothing of it, added her. After the guy's response to the e-mail, the girlfriend posted before and after pics of Mike's nose. With the after picture saying, 'Mike after ONE PUNCH'. Pissed, Mike asked that I write the girl an e-mail of my own, so I did... and here it is...

haha, damn. that's some low shit though, dont fighters usually just win or lose, train and then rematch or something? im sure if i lost, i could go drink with my friends and talk about how lucky some dude got, but i like to think id take the L and just train harder, instead of getting into myspace shit.

crazy. panch, whats everyone doing monday night (week from tonight)? i hate to schedule shit, just wanted to see if i could go look your brother up & catch up with you and ario inna process.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Many months later and Mike finally kicks some unlucky bastard's ass...again. Halloween night and Mike is in Costa Rica for pro fight number 3. Luckily, we had the live feed via fitenite.tv. Not as exciting as the rest, but he still gets the job done. Two rounds in and Mike is 3 and 0. Congrats, bro!

damn. do these dudes not study their opponents at all? id be fucking batman, watching videos and shit. and if i made it to round 2 with donuts, id not shoot directly in & beg for a choke.

cant wait to link the video when its up - he looked like he had a complaint with one of the ref's calls when they had to move back off the ropes, and he still made it work - locked the fuck out of that guy's arm for the rest of the round, and took him early in 2. so awesome, cant wait to congratulate him when he's back. thanks again for the heads-up, panch.

Your brother makes it look so easy. Guy has a lot of skill, but I'm with Nick on this one. What the hell is that guy doing shooting straight in like that? You'd think he would have done a little research and tried to stay strictly to Mike's weaknesses. Mike looks to be much improved with his up-top fighting. It could be his opponent does his best on the ground too, hard to say one I'm just arm-chairing it.

Anyhow, congrats on your brother's win.

Your brother makes it look so easy.

this.

let's say i got thoroughly past the nervousness, ive picked up from boxing the difference between moving fast enough to create an opening, and thinking (or specifically, not thinking) quick enough to exploit it. donut was catching his breath between rounds but at no point struck me as not having a plan/controlling the ring. even when he's on the ground, he looks like he's setting a trap - and that was after like a minute of this guy trying desperately to get him off his back.

meanwhile, mike looks calm the whole time. idve been trying my best not to think "fuck i hope my nose doesnt get hit again".

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...