Hondo's Bar

Mike's Mixed Martial Arts Madness Thread!

Da Cap'n

recap: star made it, as did I, panch, cathy, duads, LL, eli and lotsa folks sadly not on here - guy with the awesome mustache tragically lost, Mike of course wrecked his opponent. he's moving onto the house, and 13 weeks of the show, with a shot at a huge UFC contract! man, Dana white sucks but hearing him say Mike Rio's name was pretty cool too. we're all pretty hype right now!

Thanks to everyone that came out (Nick, you don't get a pass, because you've known him almost as long as I have). Mike handled business, but was there any doubt? My kid brother is a beast! Now he moves on to 13 weeks of a reality show where every week is positive publicity. Congrats bro :)

All my childhood friends and I made a promise. Mike makes it to the finals... WE'RE GOING TO VEGAS!!!!

So how does this show work? Do they fight every week and someone gets eliminated, or does everyone just stay and train until a finale?

I'm not really into this sort of thing, but I'm psyched about this. It's not on Hulu+, so it looks like I'll be stealing it tomorrow (sorry, it's the only way).

Yeah, that's another thing we've (everyone) has been telling him. He says it doesn't bother him. He's the professional.

Looking at that video again, you don't understand what I see. He's unstoppable on top. His technique is nearly flawless. It's quite beautiful to see. His stand-up, though... god, its horrendous. He took more punches then he should ever. And that's what I'm afraid of. One punch... :/

Edited by Panch

Bruhahahahaha! That's fuckin hilarious. As soon as my +1 reboots, its yours. Seriously, stand-up is just that, when he's standing up/erect (shut-up). He's avoiding the dude's kicks, but is taking every punch. That's not good cause all it takes is one. Just a couple fights before his were stopped because the guy was punching hard. That's all we needed, for him to lose on some bullshit. Luckily, he can take a punch and isn't a complete pussy.

Funny both guys with the long hair named "mike" He's exposed a few weaknesses but im sure he is aware of them and he will go far. We want him to go far and that's why we all tell him.. anyway, he won't find out now cause there's no communication with the outside world and the fighters.

Anyway, if he cuts his hair, he's no longer wolverine :)

Edited by spiffytee