Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What he said. It's crazt when we agree but Reynolds as Deadpool? That's a comic movie even chicks could get wet over. And in terms of introducing spin-off characters, like Baytor that's the sole reason I saw FF2.

Well those of us who saw it because we just wanted to see the Silver Surfer were the only ones happy with it because we got what we want. (well... half of what we wanted, we still didn't see Galactus)

Okay is anyone else not sure about Liev Schriber being Sabretooth? I mean don't get me wrong he more than has the acting claut to handle the part, but he's not a man of particularly large stature wheras Sabretooth is and has always been portrayed as significantly larger than Wolverine but a head at least and quite a bit larger at that.

Okay is anyone else not sure about Liev Schriber being Sabretooth? I mean don't get me wrong he more than has the acting claut to handle the part, but he's not a man of particularly large stature wheras Sabretooth is and has always been portrayed as significantly larger than Wolverine but a head at least and quite a bit larger at that.

You're saying that Sabertooth is tall because he's bigger than Wolverine? Honestly?

Not saying he's not big. Just finding his way of arguing it hard to accept.

Well much like his attitude and fighting skills Wolverine's height varies throughout the books, sometimes he's Puck with claws, other times he's standing face to face with the Punisher who is easily 6 foot if not more. Still Victor Creed is a big guy, like Tyler Mane from Halloween big and Liev Schriber is playing him? I guess I don't see it, specially since about all Sabretooth needs to do is talk in a growly voice and look intimidating, he was never a good character to begin with.

And I don't know, the breaking the forth wall thing could work if they play it right. Maybe don't address the audience directly but acknowledge that the world he's in isn't real.

^_^

13_liev_lgl.jpg

lievasmacbath.jpg

No, he doesn't look like the character much, but I'll take a great actor over a professional wrestler any day.

I admit, I'm not much of an Xbook reader, was Creed always a huge friggin' goi, or did he get that way after Weapon X? Could be they got Liev because a lot of the film will be pre-Weapon X.

13_liev_lgl.jpg

lievasmacbath.jpg

No, he doesn't look like the character much, but I'll take a great actor over a professional wrestler any day.

I admit, I'm not much of an Xbook reader, was Creed always a huge friggin' goi, or did he get that way after Weapon X? Could be they got Liev because a lot of the film will be pre-Weapon X.

Eh, good point but it seems like they're stacking the deck in favor of a character that nobody really likes. I mean Sabretooth has really never been anything more than a big guy who growls when he talks and breaks things, like Hulk only smarter and much less interesting.

Oh Maverick'd be great!! Having just reread Origin(nothing related to this thread, mind) yeah, Sabretooth's always been head and shoulders above Wolvie(and though his definitive height is neglegible most agreed that Jackman was way too tall). Ultimate Xmen really brought something new for Sabretooth though that I hope they bring to the movie: Sure he's the poor man's Wolverine, but that's what gives him something to prove, and more personality therefore.

Oh Maverick'd be great!! Having just reread Origin(nothing related to this thread, mind) yeah, Sabretooth's always been head and shoulders above Wolvie(and though his definitive height is neglegible most agreed that Jackman was way too tall). Ultimate Xmen really brought something new for Sabretooth though that I hope they bring to the movie: Sure he's the poor man's Wolverine, but that's what gives him something to prove, and more personality therefore.

Maverick would be awesome, he's a highly underrated character. And I could be potentially wrong here, but wasn't Marrow involved with Weapon X in some way?

Yeah but even though he got decidedly more characterization (and 8 claws) he was still more or less a throwaway character.

Maverick would be awesome, he's a highly underrated character. And I could be potentially wrong here, but wasn't Marrow involved with Weapon X in some way?

Yeah but even though he got decidedly more characterization (and 8 claws) he was still more or less a throwaway character.

Except for how he gets under Logan's skin. You're a throwaway character but the writers keeps you in to piss me off. :2T:

No, Marrow hasn't touched Weapon X, secret killer-factory and angry dyke flagship don't often intersect.

Shit- Wiki makes liars of us all.

Marrow was later recruited by the most recent incarnation of Weapon X, who again normalized her appearance and her powers. However, she eventually betrayed Weapon X upon discovering their anti-mutant nature. She used the remnants of Cable's Underground to reform the Gene Nation terrorist group and, as their leader, led several terrorist attacks on Weapon X until the rest of the group was slaughtered by Agent Zero. Agent Zero left her alone, not wanting her to become a martyr, but he warned her that he would come after her again after he had hunted down the remaining members of Gene Nation.

oh, you silly bastard. by the end of his "run", hack Frank Tieri threw everything he could at Weapon X this side of Leech. dont run with that shit.

Maverick could indeed be interesting, and Sabretooth doesnt just growl, he manipulates and then guts things. he's a sociopath.

Archived