Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true, but if i hung the comic details too much, id want a 5'3" actor wearing the banana suit, no? i'm allowing for crazy liberties at this point.

I mean, the last spidey had a spot-on sandman and it still went the way it did.

Spider-Man 3's failure was not Thomas Hayden Church's fault, it could have been mainly that Sandman is one of the least interesting villains in comic book history.

And I'm not asking for a big sabertooth with white eyes in a brown and yellow leotard with a fur boa I would like him to look you know, somewhat intimidating and I just don't see it yet.

However I don't hate all the casting choices, though Brian Cox is letting Stryker slip through his hands just like he did with Hannibal Lector (I still bet every time he sees Anthony Hopkins he goes "Dammit!") I do like the choice they've made of bringing in Danny Huston

I'm with Jax. FunkaMummyReturns, Sandman and his living sand is awesome. Origin-wise sure, he's a little uninspired, but I'm just not understanding any of this 'spiderman 3' and 'failure' talk. If there was a weak point to Spiderman 3 it was Venom.

Sure, MJ was a right cunt, but I've always considered her over-hyped anyways, so any time everyone else dislikes her as much as I do it's great. ANd the script? The hell's your problem with the script?! I swear that movie was cinematic mana,

mana? really? the part when they were doing the twist in the kitchen, or when we got emo-spidey, or when venom showed up and nobody cared, or which part precisely?

oh, wait, you meant part 2, didnt you? nevermind. 2 was golden.

mana? really? the part when they were doing the twist in the kitchen, or when we got emo-spidey, or when venom showed up and nobody cared, or which part precisely?

CLASSIC RAIMI! I WILL HAVE NONE OF YOUR HERESY! Seriously though, there are two types of people who watched this movie, there are those who love Sam Raimi movies and recognized all the "stupid" stuff as staples of his work, then there are the people who could give a fuck who directed it and just enjoy the writing of the first two films.

I wanted Sam Raimi to return to the type of movies I always loved, that definitive Army of Darkness/Darkman style of film-making and he did it brilliantly. Unfortunately you fuckers gotta bitch and moan cause it wasn't like the last one. Spider-Man 3 wasn't bad it was just different from what you're used to.

well, yeah, i can acknowledge staples, or even the stan lee feel of the twist scene, but after 2 movies into a "knocking it outta the park" trilogy, isnt it a weird time to diverge? i know, youve said the studio hit him with the venom bat that he was clearly opposed to, and im not gonna sit here and pretend you dont have to do all kindsa dancing for such a huge movie, just...why not finish off the series in fashion, and wait a year or two to do the movie you wanted to do as an elaborate drunken fanfic with shumaker on board or something, and scar me that way instead?

Well I forget the details but the screenwriters of the first two films pissed off for one reason or another, so it was up to Sam and Ivan Raimi to write the script and they are great screenwriters but they write an entirely different type of film from Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2 that and trying to pack a half-hour of shit into a good movie with no room in it always has the same results, shit will run out of every orifice.

id just like to see a series end well at this point. it makes you fearful that the confusion will cross over to DC and the last Batman will be a re-release of Batman Forever with the subtitle "sorry guys, thanks for being so cool about this."

no, "& robin" was crap on ice, literally. Forever was alright in my book, but the burton ones - especially the original - hold up better, i think. you really wanna compare nicholson's joker to carey's riddler?

Exactly. Even in Tim Burton's Holy Grail of a Batman film all 3 villains (well 2 and a half, Walkin doesn't technically count) are waaay over the top. Granted I don't think there's a dignified way to do Catwoman, once she starts rolling her r's you start rolling your eyes. (Ya see what I did there?)

I also still maintain that Jack Nicholson as The Joker was a horrible casting choice.

i see what you did there.

there were over the top in what i took to be a campy, 80s comic book way, but they were less...neon? plus, people are far less forgiving of changes in the lead actor than they are of continuity. if you dont believe me, let's see how a spidey 4 without tobey is received.

Oh yeah, true that. But that one softened the blow for me because Michael Keaton always seemed kinda off in the roll and Val Kilmer played what I consider to be the best Batman. It was a nice even balance between "Quick Robin, Bat turn!" and Christian Bale saying "I WANNA KNOW ABOUT BEARS AND RABBITS!" like he has throat cancer.

Archived