Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

Bullied young Logan? Uh, I'm not as well versed in X-Men canon, but it's one of the staples of Wolverine is that his regenerative healing keeps him from aging at the same rate regular people do combined with his memory being fucked with mean that it's unknown just how old he is? Is it revealed how old he is in some official X-canon? Is it blasphemy to place his childhood in a historic context?

There's the stuff ASC posted, which Wolverine began to remember after the events of the House of M arc.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, ties in nicely with Origin as long as its not happening in an american locker room, with uh, modern locks and things.

gambit's the wild card to sell tickets to the broads. he was held off (despite popularity; and no, i dont mean from the niche comics crowd) for the first 3, even though they seemed to want to put him in at different points. so if i was the studio, id see this is a fine time to test the waters.

let's not act like wolverine # 87 never happend. :drool:

87-5.jpg

I'm not hating on Gambit, though I'm not crazy about him, I mean Christ, he's Cajun and he throws cards. The only cool thing was he was the only one that I could beat his level on in that X-Men game for the SNES.

But I mean he's not worth his own movie, nobody likes Cajun people that much unless they cook things and overuse the word "Guarantee"

gambit's the wild card to sell tickets to the broads. he was held off (despite popularity; and no, i dont mean from the niche comics crowd) for the first 3, even though they seemed to want to put him in at different points. so if i was the studio, id see this is a fine time to test the waters.

Apparently, he was written into X3 as a cameo during the prison truck scene, but they wrote him out again when they couldn't get their choice to play it (Josh Holloway). I agree that he's not worth having his own film, but it's still a shame that it's taken this long to slip him into the series.

• 3 weeks later...

from comicbookmovie.com

After being the breakout character in three blockbuster mutant flicks, Logan will try and set a spin-off blueprint that could eventually yield a “Magneto” movie and more. “We are dealing with a character who is probably one of the darker comic book characters ever created,” Jackman said of the flick, which co-stars Liev Schreiber, Dominic Monaghan and Ryan Reynolds. “The movie has a lot of fun elements, but there are layers of pain and darkness to this character.”

“Tonally, I would put it more in the ‘Batman Begins’ sort of realm,” he said, distancing the flick from past “X-Men” movies. “That’s sort of where we’re headed.”

And if Jackman has his way, “Origins” won’t be the last time we see him wielding adamantium claws. “There are two conditions for me doing any more: One is will anybody want to see it, and the second is: Will I still have the passion for it?” he explained. “I really wanted to do this spin-off movie, because I felt we hadn’t truly found who this character was.”

“Right now,” Jackman added, fueling hope for the fanboys, “I feel like I could do another ten or eleven.”

new pic

wolverinepromo.jpg

• 7 months later...

that was...better than expected.

so, gambit, weapon x & origins/CIA X team and alla that. i didnt see much Deadpool, and this Sabretooth's not nearly as bulky but he looks better for the part.

this is my most-hyped film for '09 here, i so hope its up there with X2. That trailer's already making me forget about Iron guy.

we can only hope.

X3's trailer, if you recall, looked great too though - i coulda sworn id seen a bit've a sentinel, and god knows the first 5 minutes or so had me thinking "holy shit, what if they go balls-out with a Days of Future Past movie?!" which were quickly crush, and then shat on.

still, everything for the most part looks right here; very iconic with the books (during the better parts of them), i dont know that i heard gambit talk but he looks great too, and theyve a solid amount of material to play with here, between Creed, Maverick, Gambit, Deadpool, :2T: 's past and such. Im just hoping for some especially visceral battles with sabretooth.

So if this is supposed to be in continuity, how are they going to explain the difference between this Sabretooth and X1's Sabretooth? I mean, they don't just look and act completely different, in the first film they acted like they didn't know each other. Are they, maybe, just going to call him Creed through this whole movie and hope people treat him as a different character or are they not going to bother with it at all? Or are they going to have Jimmy Smits come in at the end of the movie and toss in a line of dialogue about having Wolvy's memory wiped?

that works for me. whatever it takes to get this show on the road and pretend tyler mane didnt happen has my vote.

seriously, we're re-launching hulks and punishers every few years now, im not sure how much continuity's being stressed these days.

X3's trailer, if you recall, looked great too though - i coulda sworn id seen a bit've a sentinel, and god knows the first 5 minutes or so had me thinking "holy shit, what if they go balls-out with a Days of Future Past movie?!" which were quickly crush, and then shat on.

Dunno what trailer for X3 you saw, but when I saw styrofoam-mask Beast & Wolverine, then Storm, then Jean Grey each pirroet across the screen my spidersense tingled. ANd from memory they did a danger room sequence involving sentinels yeah? All you saw was the eyes...

seriously, we're re-launching hulks and punishers every few years now, im not sure how much continuity's being stressed these days.

Yeah with different actors in the lead roles. And these are also the days of Robert Downey Jr showing up in the Hulk film and SHIELD being all over every Marvel movie that comes out, so in some instances continuity is even stricter than ever. But the X films are outside the Avengers umbrella that Marvel is putting over many of its other projects, so I guess they can be a little looser (there have been three different Kitty Prydes, after all).

I'd not be suprised if the new Wolvie moreso adhered to the current movie continuity-Look for a Fury/SHIELD appearance somewhere. Wolvie's a big name they're gonna wanna draw for New Avengers cred if that's the angle they take when the Team movie takes place.

I'd not be suprised if the new Wolvie moreso adhered to the current movie continuity-Look for a Fury/SHIELD appearance somewhere. Wolvie's a big name they're gonna wanna draw for New Avengers cred if that's the angle they take when the Team movie takes place.

Not going to happen. 20th Century Fox has the film rights to all the X-Men intellectual property, and anything in a Fox Movie can't be used in any other studio's movie and vice versa. They couldn't even use the Daily Bugle in the Daredevil movie, and Fox has the rights to Kingpin, so unless Fox opts to not renew its Kingpin rights, or Sony/Columbia gives up its rights to Spider-Man, you won't see Spider-Man face off against (or even make reference to) Kingpin. SHEILD and Wolvy appearing together may happen one day, if Marvel gets the film rights to X-Man back (I believe their policy with the new Marvel Studios is to try to get all their properties back as the contracts expire, making exceptions for renewal in the case of very good offers), but it's not happening in this film.

...but I don't recall seeing him so white or...

rectangular

. Even during his Last Sun days.

That's the word I was looking for, and yes, my memory reports me something else as well.

"It looked half as retarded on him as it did on Rayner!"

Watch it. Kyle Rayner's fucking awesome (he's my favorite superhero, even if I don't really read comics).

Archived