Hondo's Bar

cover versions

alive she cried

• 1 month later...

i can't seem to ever find a decent cover of radiohead, as soon as i hear the music I WANT IT TO BE RADIOHEAD AND IT'S JUST NOT.

This may be my favorite Radiohead cover. Probably because he's feeling it.

Stupid video title over sells it though.

Not really my thang, that :(

You put it nicer than he would have. Haku and most good music have been bitter enemies since '99, he casually "meh"'s at practically anything that isn't radio friendly, and will actually go out of his way to viciously insult it if he feels it has personal significance to you.

He's endearing like that.

i can't seem to ever find a decent cover of radiohead, as soon as i hear the music I WANT IT TO BE RADIOHEAD AND IT'S JUST NOT.

I'm just the opposite. I can't ever seem to find a Radiohead song I wouldn't like better as a cover, except for Creep. That's cool and all...

• Downvote 2

omigah. Haku your Macy Gray days need to end :ded: . Logan- that wasn't horrible, but it still wasn't Radiohead lol.

might seem a little hokey from me but I loved this album- it's all poppy rock bob dylan covers but i still liked it. I have no idea where i put that darn album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pPDZoGZdyY

omigah. Haku your Macy Gray days need to end :ded: .

Last one.* Promise. Ben Taylor, James Taylor and Carlly Simon's son, covering Macy Gray's only real hit, but apparently for Logan that still makes her mainstream. So here's some acoustic rebuttle to all the bad metal from the last page.

* For today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great cover band.

And so many more!

OH WAIT! Does it count as a cover if you claim that you wrote it and don't offer money or credit to the original artists until they sue you?

That last song is actually 3 "covers".

Fuck Led Zeppelin.

How the fuck they live with themselves and how the fuck they ever lived that down, I'll never know.

Cue the apologists.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, my friend actually threw away his Jimi Hendrix albums when he found out that Jimi thought Zeppelin were a bunch of music thieving shits. And I just looked at him and went "...but they were."

I also think there's a big difference between using a hook from an old jazz song in your new single and having someone go "hey listen to this" and going "Oh, that's cool, I'm going to put that in my song without your permission or consent, and then I'm never going to pay you or give you credit. Also I wear women's pants and looks like a sex offender. I WILL FUCK ALLISON CROUSE IN THE FUTURE!"

Yeah man, you can't really get too pissed about some recycled blues riffs. They get reused a lot. It's shit like taking the lyrics for a song, practically word for word, and saying "I wrote this" that kills me.

Or claiming you never heard a song when the musician opened for you when you were with The Yardbirds and people saw you physically performing it with him.

I feel bad for Spirit though. They never really made it super big, and people made millions ripping off their songs and making them more marketable.

That one's even more blatant than Stairway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1