Hondo's Bar

Terminator 4!??!??!

well when your last flick nets 433 million, that sorta does make you wanna go for another one. Plus, adding Bale give you a whole new direction and as for this being a trilogy, it will make for a whole 'different' story line. The first 3 were john conner growing up, now it will be him as in adult and running things himself, so mom is prolly out of the picture or atleast not the queen of things anymore. The sad news is with the natural aging, linda hamilton is prolly very acurate to play the role w/o any touch up. Term 4 -6 will be a whole diff type of movie. Since Bale is in it, I think I am looking forward to it.

Okay this movie lacks 3 things that made the first 2 films good.

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger (though it could do without him, I'd prefer Robert Patrick to come back as the T1000 as the new reporgrammed Terminator.)

2. Time-traveling robots - The whole series has been about sending a robot back in time to kill someone because they are going to help stop the machines in the future. It's a formula but it fucking works, so stick with it.

3. James Cameron - He created the series, what's all this shit with him not directing. Am I missing what he's busy with all the fucking time? He hasn't put out a film since Aliens of the Deep and he hasn't put out a big film since Titanic.

The only good things about this film that I've seen thus far are that Christian Bale is in it.

Come on, guys, this has the potential to be the sequel that every Terminator fan has been wanting since the first movie. After three freakin' movies and a tv show of time traveling robots, we finally get to see the damn war. We finally get to see John Connor as the adult leader instead of the whiny kid. We finally get to see battles of armies of robot skeletons that aren't limited to prologues and flashbacks. We finally get a Terminator movie that isn't just a remake of Terminator 1!

By the way, Baytor, believe it or not, Cameron has kept busy. Aside from his documentaries, he's been developing Avatar and Battle Angel back-to-back for years now.

Bale is taking second fiddle in this movie, John Conner won't play a prominent role so for the most part he's doing what he's always done. This'll go the route of the Matrix movies, everybody say I'm just bitching but when Terminator 4 is the biggest piece of shit since The Matrix Revolutions know that I fucking called it.

Yeah, he's a supporting character, but he's still John Connor the Leader, not John Connor the Whiny Kid on the Back of the Motorcycle. Hey maybe it's just me, but I think there's a lot of potential in the Terminator universe and it's nice that they've finally decided not to do the same exact story again. You're right, it may suck, but at least it'll be different!

...it was about a robot sent back in time to kill the leader of the resistance before the war, only to be stopped by another character sent back in time by the resistance to protect that leader. It was the same story!

It was the same story but it was executed far differently and that was why it failed, if being the same thing equaled failure then Terminator 2 wouldn't have been more successful than Terminator 1.

If by "executed differently" you mean executed poorly, then yes, you're right. But from a basic structural standpoint, it was the same movie as T1 and T2. I'm not saying that being the same equals failure, but it certainly makes the odds of success a lot slimmer. Cameron pulled it off because he's fucking James Cameron. He's the guy who topped Alien for godsakes, of course he's going to be able to top his own movie. He had the skill and the know-how to tell the same story in a better way, but the odds of being able to do that a third and then a fourth time? That's just stupidity. How could anyone think they could do a better "time traveling robot chases past target protected by time traveling robot" story than Terminator 2? It's been done, and done well, and now it's time to move forward in the story. And, honestly, why would you even bother trying when you've got something as unashamedly cool as a future world war against sentient robots written into the timeline of your franchise? That should have been what T3 was about.

well they failed each time if you wanna get technical, otherwise it would have just been T1 and no T2 T3.

I would like to see a full metal jacket feel for the T4 flick being one part is the structure/setting up (FMJ boot camp), then the war itself (FMJ war). 2 movies in one, but yea, that'll never happen.

Hasta la vista, GOMER!!! :misty:

The only thing that concerns me (aside from Ahnuld not being in this of course) is who's manning the director's chair for this one: McG--the same guy who directed both Charlie's Angel movies. I dunno about you, but I thought both those movies really sucked, and the only thing that saved CA: Full Throttle was that scene of Demi in a bikini. I just hope this guy don't fuck up a good franchise. A lot of people had some bad shit to say about Jonathan Mostow, but me personally I liked T3.

• 2 months later...

Archived