Hondo's Bar

Stand Up Comedians

Signal08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brian Regan always makes me think he just did a rail of coke before coming out on stage.

But here's some of the greats in my eyes....oldies but goodies

Bill Hicks is the best

Well I dunno Carlin is another obvious choice

Jim Norton is another guy I've recently been turned on to

Doug Stanhope

and of course Billy the Mime

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anybody else find Chelsea Handler painfully unfunny?

I've seen her stand-up, her talk show, and read her "comedy writing," and I'm just embarassed for her... but everyone else seems to think she's hilarious... I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

Oh, and let's add Dane Cook to the list, too:

http://api.ning.com/files/XIQ5vtmojfz1afld...k.png?width=320

PS- I consider Hicks, Pryor, and Carlin the high-water mark, just so you know what kind of scale I'm working with here...

• 10 months later...

Fuck both of y'all. Silverman is one of the best comics alive and working today. As for Whitney Cummings, I lied her set on the Hasselhoff roast, so I recorded her Comedy Central special, and boy was it super-hacky. Most annoy was this sense that it had the facade of edginess, but the substance of the material was all cliched comedy schtick. It was like one step above "What's the deal with airline food?"

Fuck both of y'all. Silverman is one of the best comics alive and working today. As for Whitney Cummings, I lied her set on the Hasselhoff roast, so I recorded her Comedy Central special, and boy was it super-hacky. Most annoy was this sense that it had the facade of edginess, but the substance of the material was all cliched comedy schtick. It was like one step above "What's the deal with airline food?"

Bummer. I haven't seen it yet, but was looking fwd to it. She killed at those roasts though and she's been on Howard Stern a few times as well and was really funny. Ima try that special anyway and see what I think of it.

This is me ignoring the anti-Semite Irishmen in the room.

• 1 year later...

Comedian Pete Holmes

webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"> See all the CollegeHumor Original Videos here.

<object height="385" width="640"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

Bummer. I haven't seen it yet, but was looking fwd to it. She killed at those roasts though and she's been on Howard Stern a few times as well and was really funny. Ima try that special anyway and see what I think of it.

Didja end up watching that special? Did you like it or agree with my take on it?

Yep, agreed. Well, at least for what I saw as I only got about 8-10 minutes into it. She's super funny on the roasts though. I watched the first two episodes of WHITNEY as well and didn't find it all that funny either. Her other show, 2 BROKE GIRLS, that she co-created and writes for is pretty damn good though. Maybe she just works better in small doses and/or as a writer. :???:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin