Hondo's Bar

Favorite Casual Family Dining Chain

Reverend Jax

Favorite Casual Family Dining Chain  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

was a toss up for applebees or bennigans... apples won.

Do you all have a tony romas down there? or tijuana flats? good shit too.

Seriously? Bennigan's beats Applebee's hands down, IMHO.

I loooove PF Changs... but it's a bit too pricey for me.

Favorite restaurant, not favorite restaurant unless it's out of your usual budget range. :p

well Bennigans has a great atmosphere and a more lively bar, better than Applebees for sure and Applebees does host amateur poker and all... and while Bennigans rocks the Monte Cristo! I do like Applebees overall menu and desserts more.

in other news, hooters is a family place?

I threw that one in for the "I don't patronize any establishment that doesn't dangle titties in my face" crowd. It is true that they try to capture the family market, which they might have decided to do purely as a goof.

eh, ive eaten at all of em and most are kinda crappy, largely just baked/fried shit with too much grease.

Cheesecake does some shit right, Fuddrucker's has awesome burgers (and Hogan's Alley in the arcade part, at least a few years back), and Applebee's has 2-for-1 drinks so, sadly, when OC's closed up down in Cutler Ridge, that place became the spot for cheap drinks.

I went to BF chang's for my brother's birthday this year and it was a huge disappointment; the mongolian beef was alright but everything else kinda failed, and was a pricey failure which is the worst kind. These days, i take sen to Bahama Breeze a lot, or this nica family restaraunt, i keep calling it Madrona's but its something similar, over by 107th & flagler, awesome food for cheap.

oh, and uh, Ihop. and Flannagan's.

cheesecake fac has the fried mac n cheese balls no? Those are some good eatings!

Tijuana Flats started in cent fl and has branched to Penn , Va , and Indiana I think. I know they are moving southbound too. I know they have a joint in Deerfield, and Cooper City. I see from their web site that they are going to open one in Ft Laud. You souf fl peeps should check them out. Its good food. Makes Taco Bell look like , uh well... taco bell.

If you are referring to the TGI Fridays in Manhattan... then yes, horrible. I ate there with some friends and it was redickorous. The price was crazy. It was like 15 bucks for their cheapest burger. Look, I know this is NYC and all, but I don't need to dream of steak while eating a burger...

The service was horrible. They brought our food out a good 30 minutes later and the food was half assed. We all took a bite or two, told the waitress "hey you all suck and we are leaving w/o paying". We left and went to Dallas BBQ. Now that is an awsome joint to eat at. They have huge glasses of frozen tropical drinks with shots you pour into it and their steaks were massive.

Don't stay at the Howard Johnson in NYC either, just trust me.

So, all in all, no go for ho jo, TGIF is more like WTF, and best BBQ in NYC you gotta go allllll the way to Dallas BBQ, on 23rd ST!

Archived