Hondo's Bar

The Hobbit

What the fuck? How has this thread only had one post in the last four years?

Anyway, strange decisions being made.

Peter Jackson Enters Talks To Helm A THIRD Instalment Of THE HOBBIT

64482.jpg Peter Jackson teased plans for a third movie after revealing that they wrapped production on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There And Back Again with too much footage. It is now being reported that the filmmaker will turn the planed two-film adaptation into a trilogy.

Josh Wilding - 7/24/2012 wruyrwiuoriwor.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that sources close to the production of The Hobbit have told them that the two-film adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien story is indeed set to be turned into a trilogy. There was talk of this during the San Diego Comic-Con a few weeks ago, although nothing more came of it and it was dismissed as little more than a rumour. However, discussions are now ongoing between Warner Bros. and director Peter Jackson, producer Fran Walsh and writer-producer Philippa Boyens as they attempt to work out the logistics of how another film would work (for example, signing new deals with the cast members). If a third instalment is made, it would require additional shooting in New Zealand next summer. "If we’re going to do it, we have to make a decision soon. It’s strongly driven by the filmmakers’ desire to tell more of the story," the source tells the site. "It’s about taking the chance to tell more of the incredible tale with the cast we have assembled." Stretching the story out into three movies certainly makes sense for the studio as it obviously increases their revenue. Do you think turning The Hobbit into a trilogy is the right idea? Sound off with your thoughts in the usual place!

I know, they're including bits from the appendices to bridge this to TLOTR, but still. Three movies for one book?

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic for the moment though.

Edited by alive she cried

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand I think it's cool that he's going super in-depth with this one since he had to excise and truncate so much of the Lord of the Rings. On the other hand, there's not much to the Hobbit. The animated version wrapped it up in less than an hour and a half and only left out a few things. I'm with you, man.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He's also playing the Necromancer according to the Wiki. Dude's about to break big soon. Got the role as the next Star Trek villain.

I'm curious about the Necormancer thing though. I'm assuming if he's like any good actor he can play two voices, especially with a little help from electronic tinkering, but it's still odd to know he's doing two voices. Has that been done in a lot of movies before? Besides Hank Azaria?

Edited by Jumbie

I have never met an American named Nigel. To be fair, I have met Nigels from Australia, but there are Timothys in every English speaking country, and virtually no American Nigels.

According to Wikipedia, the peak popularity for the name Nigel in the US was 0.02% of boys named in 1994, compared to a peak popularity in England and Wales of about 1.2% in 1963, 60 times higher.

Edited by Reverend Jax