Hondo's Bar

Campaign to Limit Signatures

archangel

Should we post a limit on Signatures?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
honestly, i've been without a cable net conection, which, thanks to really long big huge annoying sigs has made this place impossible to visit.

and even with cable they are still too friggin' big.

yikes, this is a whole new ballgame

can i change my vote?

You're saying you'd be around more if we had a limit on sigs? Damn it, that's fighting dirty. :kotter:

By doing this your being an asshole (yes I said it)... and no I don't care about what you have to say. And if you don't like the way I express myself then thats too bad too. Like I said turn it off if you don't like it. Seriously you have been on the boards for what? 3 years now and now is when you start complaining. Put on your big boy pants and leave peoples signatures alone. They have the right to make it as long as they want to. I don't have mine on cause they are long but it's their option. Just like you and I we all donate money to keep this place going right? So who are you to change what they have in their signature.

right.

First off, you don't scare me and your bullying tactics don't work on me. I'm a bigger prick than you, so spare me the chest thumping. Secondly, your ad hominum rant there only proves that your argument holds no water. My problem has been with the long sigs for three years, and I've spoken to Nick about it off the boards. I didn't decide to make this an issue until I realized how many other people where upset by this and wanted change, so don't make this soley about me: if you noticed (or bothered to check/had the ability to read) the vote is currently 13-8 in MY favor, so apparantly there's something more than just above the surface with this.

Turning off the sigs is NOT fair to me, nor to anyone else here, nor should we all have to suffer to accomodate Jax's want to be a prick to everyone. If asking and pleading and rationalizing with him does not work, then the only other options are the ones I listed above. Period.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to have you talk to me like I was your kid, Isa. Check yourself. I've treated you with nothing but respect here, and I expect the same courtesy from you.

You're a lady, not a bitch. Start acting like one.

honestly, i've been without a cable net conection, which, thanks to really long big huge annoying sigs has made this place impossible to visit.

and even with cable they are still too friggin' big.

I could kiss you right now.

ou're saying you'd be around more if we had a limit on sigs? Damn it, that's fighting dirty

I'm saying it would have helped. I know i can turn them off, but I LIKE sigs. i use one myself. So I don't want to have to turn off something i enjoy, if they were more limited then it wouldn't be an issue.

One of the (many) things that I like about Hondos is the possibility to do what ever the fuck you want. You want your sig to be big as Pamela anderson's Tits, do it. Eventually people learn to ignore it and deal with it. I fucking hate other forums where you cant put 2 pics together. So, I vote for the long sigs.

Then again, this looks another direct attack (attemp to show us all, how right you're) from you against Jax.

Hey Jax? Why don't you throw it in an iframe that scrolls?

It's nothing great, I know...and my suggestion may come across as an insult (which it's not meant to).

I'll host it and code it myself if need be. That way, you can still have your massively awesome sig, but it would (hopefully) make everyone else happy as well.

Plus, I'll be taking the extra bandwidth hit instead of the forum, and I've got plenty.

One of the (many) things that I like about Hondos is the possibility to do what ever the fuck you want. You want your sig to be big as Pamela anderson's Tits, do it. Eventually people learn to ignore it and deal with it. I fucking hate other forums where you cant put 2 pics together. So, I vote for the long sigs.

Then again, this looks another direct attack (attemp to show us all, how right you're) from you against Jax.

Riiight. Because JAX is the innocent one here, eh?

Look, this is very, VERY simple: there is something I have a problem with, a problem shared by many others here, and I decided to take it to the boards directly. I COULD have tried to convince Nick to change it outside of here, but I INSTEAD decided to leave it up to the community at large. This is aimed at Jax because he's the one promulgating this, NOT because he's Jax. If it were, say, ASC instead of Jax, and he would have responded in the same callous, uncarring way Jax did, then I would be talking about him instead of Jax. But believe what you will. Your oponion of me matters not at all in this, nor do I rightly care.

If a plurality disagrees with me, so be it. If a plurality agree with me, good. But this is a problem which, up until now, I have kept to myself while OTHERS have been vocal.

If you wish to tar and feather me, go ahead. I don't mind. I'm by no means anyone's martyr, but I will not stop voicing my concerns for this place on the premise that a few of you blowhards might get your knickers in a twist at the thought of actually having to have some consideration for the other people who frequent this place.

Joel, from now on your new name is Fidel Castro! This isn't about what's best for the board, this is about what's "best" for YOU! What YOU want!! Since you want democracy so bad... here's a poll for ya...

c'mon Panch: you're crazy, not stupid. I placed this up for a damned vote and have already said I'll abide with what a majority decides. That does not, in any way, make me Castro.

Just because we disagree doesn't make me a tyrant. Don't be stupid.

WAH, WAH, WAH!

Yes, we are a community, BUT we are NOT a democracy. To be a democracy we need government. I don't see no established government on Hondos! That said, I propose that we hold elections to establish government on here. You know like the student governments in school with all respective positions. In a bold move I throw my hat into the fray as Vice-President with my running mate Jax as the 1st... PRESIDENT OF HONDO'S BAR! And yes, I'm dead serious! First order of business... FREE SPEECH! My opinion has always been that free speech is the cornerstone of Hondo's and it should stay that way. People like Archangel are trying to destroy that. What do you say Jax? You in?

Because Panch INSIST I take on his post point by point:

Yes, we are a community, BUT we are NOT a democracy. To be a democracy we need government.

no, we don't. To be a democracy we have to resolve communal issues democratically which, by and large, we DO.

That said, I propose that we hold elections to establish government on here. You know like the student governments in school with all respective positions.

It would be ceremonial at best: a token. Nick is the administrator here, unless he's willing to let it go to a popularly elected President. If that's the case, then we DO need a structure created.

First order of business... FREE SPEECH! My opinion has always been that free speech is the cornerstone of Hondo's and it should stay that way. People like Archangel are trying to destroy that.

and this is absurd.

I'm not taking away a person's ability to post, nor am I limiting what a person can say. If someone wants to write an entire post that's a book, they can. Hell, I've done it.

I'm not even advocating removing sigs: I'm advocating the limitation of SIGS.

So, again, stupid argument.

i've maintained in this whole thread that i dont care given it doesn't effect me personally, while i think there should be no limit, i dont care if there is or there isn't... the part of my sig is out of boredom, like your pissy behaviour over in fc when i decided to kick things off, despite said boycott of yours.

yeah arch "girlish" or as i said now, broken recordish, being civil on request from the powers above, this neutrality isn't bandwagon hopping, its swiss-ity, if you will, its me not giving two shits what happens with this thread, its just fun poking fun here and there to see people, ie you, get all anal and antsy about the whole thing, rant off as if it Really means something, while the whole time i sit back, laugh, and cant help but think of braveheart when i see posts citing freedom left right and center...

Archived