Hondo's Bar

Campaign to Limit Signatures

archangel

Should we post a limit on Signatures?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see Arch I never said that Jax is Innocent. Ok, lets take him out of the equation. Lets pretend that the longest sig is the one that ASC have. I still think this is one of those things that makes this place unique.

yeah arch "girlish" or as i said now, broken recordish, being civil on request from the powers above, this neutrality isn't bandwagon hopping, its swiss-ity, if you will, its me not giving two shits what happens with this thread, its just fun poking fun here and there to see people, ie you, get all anal and antsy about the whole thing, rant off as if it Really means something, while the whole time i sit back, laugh, and cant help but think of braveheart when i see posts citing freedom left right and center...

But... Switzerland isn't neutral anymore.

Lets pretend that the longest sig is the one that ASC have. I still think this is one of those things that makes this place unique.

again, perhaps so: but we have to decide what would be considered 'reasonable length'. Many agree that Jax and Lottie are definitely NOT reasonable in length.

As you can see Arch I never said that Jax is Innocent.

No, but you make me the aggressor here, forgetting that fully 12 other people have my back on this (as of now). So, instead, many of you employ ad hominum attacks against me because it's easier than defending your point of view and bothering to listen to that of others you disagree with (I'm looking specifically at you SuperE, Panch, etc).

broken record time:

turning it off would mean that Jax's desire to be an ass supercede everyone else's desire to be able to enjoy board content because no reasonable outline exists. It's basically saying 'Jax can do what he wants and all of your desires and rights be damned.' (again, using Jax as the example because he's the most flagrant violator).

in effect: that isn't fair to everyone else who wants to enjoy others sigs but can't because Jax is holding sigs hostage.

again, perhaps so: but we have to decide what would be considered 'reasonable length'. Many agree that Jax and Lottie are definitely NOT reasonable in length.

It's true. Many agree I am very above average in length. Very, very above average. My length is definitely not reasonable, in the sense that it is beyond all reason. Massive, massive length.

Yeah I dunno which way to vote. Who's with me on the fence sitting?! Jax's, Lottie's, Stilly's and co sigs annoy the living fuckery outta me, but as a few have raised one've the unique wonderful things about this board is the freedom of speech. I'm thinking regardless of who's for sig-capping and who's not, there's a general contention that the long-sig crew, while being functional members of the board, are also being right cunts, and they should read this six pages of whine and maybe let the useful info appeal to their better sense of community and maybe they could just curtail their shit themselves like any decent, Nick-fearing Hondonian?

except we've tried that to no avail.

Yesterday I asked Jax and he refused to do it, citing specifically that he didn't see a problem with it and then went off to insult the mass people who DID see a problem with it. At that point, what other option do we have?

And, really, I'm getting tired of the whole 'freedom of speech' fallacy that keeps getting tossed around here. Curtailing a sig is NOT an affront to freedom of speech.

that's the thing; youve got a swatch of people who disagree, and feel theyre entitled to express themselves with a signature of a length of their choosing. you're telling them you want a specific, hard number on what they can and can't use, and they think that's limiting their freedom around here, which is kinda why i never got into the topic before, though i suppose it was inevitable.

if it came down to it, i think jax & co would much rather self-edit than be regulated, though. incidentally, 14-15 at the moment, just by #'s (not posts to back em, sadly, but i always ask too much there it seems) so there's a higher turnout than id thought.

If I could just turn off Jax's sig, I'd be happy. Just his. It irritates the fuck out of me. I've usually read halfway through a page of posts before my browser snaps back up to him again because his goddamn signature finally loaded all the way.

I like sigs. I change mine once a month or so 'cause I like 'em so much. And I'm always careful to try to keep my sigs short enough out of courtesy for everyone else reading this board (also because it's more aesthetically pleasing, but that's a bonus). Joel and the other, what, 12 of us are just asking for that same courtesy in return.

By the way, Nick, seriously thankyou for making it so that the signatures only show up once per page. If I had to scroll through that ugly monstrosity of Jax's with every post, I'd be avoiding every topic he had an opinion in - and that would eliminate about 90% of Hondos.

whatever, I'm done with this.

I'm sorry SiBob, but it's not like anyone's going to give a flying fuck what our concerns are. The concept of 'community' is lost to most people here.

consider me jaded.

man, your votes are down for like one day, and it comes to that? dont make this into something larger than it is; people''re debating how things should be handled here, while others are debating their liberties. you make it sound like people are banning or something.

man, your votes are down for like one day, and it comes to that?

don't make it about that. The entire purpose of this was to see where people stood. I knew very well things might not go in my favor, but that's not what's upsetting me.

dont make this into something larger than it is; people''re debating how things should be handled here, while others are debating their liberties.

I'm calling Bullshit.

my side is debating their grievences while most of the other side is accusing us of being Nazis with sandy vaginas, and pretty much saying that our grievences don't matter all the while belittling us in the process.

That isn't a debate by any definition, and don't insult my inteligence by trying to claim it otherwise.

no, its not a debate by your guidelines. its a discussion with two sides, and because one side doesnt agree/see the other side's argument, they show disregard for it. what do you want here, everyone to just agree? most people are saying turn sigs off, how is that belittling? both sides fling personal insults, but you're the one growing sensitive and putting things like your intelligence being insulted on the table. I dont see anyone else feeling personally offended here.

what do you want here, everyone to just agree? most people are saying turn sigs off, how is that belittling? both sides fling personal insults, but you're the one growing sensitive and putting things like your intelligence being insulted on the table. I dont see anyone else feeling personally offended here.

I don't expect that at all.

the only person we said anything about was jax, and even then we used HIS own words. the other side pretty much disregarded what we had to say, while we didn't do any such thing.

That's the problem, Nick. We're losing by one vote and still no one takes what we're saying as a legitimate concern. THAT'S what's bothering me the most: the fact that we're basically being treated like irrelevant second rate citizens.

...how? because people dont agree with your side? i dont agree with plenty of things, and i may disregard arguments i dont see eye to eye with, but not necessarily the people that make them.

if it wasnt a valid point/discussion, it wouldntve garnished 7 pages of talk and this many votes. Of course its a legitimate concern!

who here's feeling irrelevant or marginalized? cause im simply seeing disagreement, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Archived