Hondo's Bar

Campaign to Limit Signatures

archangel

Should we post a limit on Signatures?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, it really doesn't do anything as far as bandwidth conservation as a whole, but it redirects some of it to another server.

I believe (and please correct me if I'm wrong), that the forum would load first, and then the iframe...so the end result would be the forum loading faster, and the sigs just loading on top of that. I dunno, I'm thinking some speed would be gained in this.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it really doesn't do anything as far as bandwidth conservation as a whole, but it redirects some of it to another server.

I believe (and please correct me if I'm wrong), that the forum would load first, and then the iframe...so the end result would be the forum loading faster, and the sigs just loading on top of that. I dunno, I'm thinking some speed would be gained in this.

.... stupid smart kids...

Stillbored, I'm starting to think you're getting some kind of kickback from someone on this iframe thing, but it's a great suggestion.

Jax, noone's said this yet with all the pissing but, Thanks.

Not sure what you're thanking him for, really. He basically just said "I'll do it when I damn well feel like it" but ah well.

Stillbored, I'm starting to think you're getting some kind of kickback from someone on this iframe thing, but it's a great suggestion.

Not sure what you're thanking him for, really. He basically just said "I'll do it when I damn well feel like it" but ah well.

The Russian Mob is in on this...

barring the fact I've not read more than one page of this...

limiting sigs is in no way compromising free speech... if you want to insult the republicans, you can do so just fine without taking up a terrabyte of space... why do you need 500 giant pictures to express all your opinions? you could put 500 small pictures, or change it around a little bit from time to time... the only way this would be a free speech infringement is if they were preventing you from posting a particular topic on your sig, which they're not, you'll just have to work with the limitations... heck, even the westboro baptist church is allowed to protest their views with limitations... they can picket, just not on the actual cemetery. it's just a pain to sit there and wait 2 minutes to load a signature on a thread just so we can scroll through the same damn stale inside joke we already saw 3 years ago when it was actually funny, plus the other 65 inside jokes you made up since then...

if the banning of the actual substance of whatever you were putting in your signatures was at risk here, i'd be all against it... but it's not... you can put all the gay, religious, and republican bashing you want... plus all the boobs and half assed photoshops you want as well, but you should have consideration for those of us actually trying to READ THE FORUM and allow us to scroll down to the next reply without it taking 3 minutes to get passed your atrociously annoying sigs.

to scroll down.

do you know how long it takes to load up? You know how many times I've been reading only to have the page snap back up to see jax's sig?

And, again, it's annoying to HIM. Doesn't matter how long it takes to scroll down.

no, more like 3 mins 1.44 seconds, you forgot to add the three minutes it took the load the page... plus, this page in particular doesn't have enough large sig people like 85% of the other pages do

you act like you're on dial-up. DoJ's animated gifs take longer to load.

It takes a while for an image or a group of images to load, and on most browsers, the page snaps back up to the picture once it has finally stopped loading. If Jax posts at the top of the page, we can scroll past it all we want but everytime one of his pictures finishes loading, our browser will snap right back up to the top of the page until the entire signature is done loading.

oh, shit. for some reason, i always thought that was just my computer acting shitty for customizing the fuck out of everything, which chief blames for everything that goes wrong on my shit. that's funny. so you people lose your place when reading things a lot too, then?

hardly 1.8. that, sir, depends on a. your computer and b. how nice your DSL/Cable wants to be that day.

that being said, poll closes tonight at 11:59 PM EDT

Archived