Hondo's Bar

Emulators & ROMs

BigChiefSlapaho

• 1 year later...

to be honest, only ROMs ive looked for lately were either DS/GBA ones (you can find em all here) or PSP ones, which're all over mininova and any respectable torrent site.

what you looking for in particular? if youve got time to kill & drive space, you can find entire SNES/NES/Genesis/etc collections easy at places like isohunt.

• 1 year later...

ok, so ive been out of the emulation scene for years now. bish laughed when i asked if Genocyst and NESticle were still top of the pile.

he mentioned an all-in-one sega emulator for Master System, Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn etc (CD too?), anyone know about this? i also have to check on ZNES or whatever the best SNES emu these days is.

im looking to emulate the Sega systems, NES & SNES (not so much N64, ive got what i want on virtual console anyway), PSX, mebbe turbografx, not much else. truth be told, ive a number of great emulators running on my homebrew'd Wii, but i found what looks like good programs for a universal controller (gonna use the wired 360 pad) and a frontend for a media center that makes the emu & roms look quite sexy, cant wait to try that out.

that said, ive got the ROMs to most of what id want, a few playstation 1 games aside (Vib Ribbon cant be too hard to find...?), but ive no idea what version & features the best emulators are up to now, so help me out here.

if it wasnt for the spelling, id never know you were drunk. thank you; that was helpful.

anyone else up on the emulator scene? bish?

I use Gens, it's a great megadrive/genesis emulator.

I also have a pc joypad which has the exact same layout as the saturn pad, so perfect for old school sega

Edited by alive she cried

• 3 weeks later...

he's good with that. SNES emu seems solid, and i was playing the sega-cd one perfectly, im fairly certain that can handle genesis then. you'll need a decent memory stick though, i forget what format PSP uses, something duo? i got an 8 gig off amazon a year or two back for like $50, im sure its a lot cheaper now.

ah. youve got the fatty PSP, yeah? find out what version firmware you have (i can walk you through the settings to find it if you cant), bish should at least be able to say more or less how its done. his way involves a custom battery that some people have.

bish/anyone knowledgable here: what're some good benchmarks for PS2 and Wii emulation? id like to know how well/close my current system can perform these at, how much tweaking it'd take if i was so inclined later. i gotta say, some of the screenshots ive been seeing make the rez jump seem possibly worth the effort.