Hondo's Bar

Emulators & ROMs

BigChiefSlapaho

ah, fucking sucks. i keep meaning to post my system specs here or GAF to see how far off i am - im told a rule of thumb is that emulation works best on systems 5c stronger than what you're emulating (unless were talking sega saturn, which is clearly a fucking enigma).

i really dont mind the PS2 one as much - though you're right, id adore the chance to play Shadow at a sharper framerate, honestly. if God of War and others get HD up-ports and not the Team ICO works, i will shit myself.

that said, its the wii & GC emulator that's knocking my socks off. look at Killer 7:

fucking hell. i literally just traded a dude on GAF to get a wavebird soon and was looking forward to finally playing this game, but that's fucking gorgeous. of Wii titles, there's only a few - like Endless Ocean - id like to see emulated at a sharper framerate, but then i take a look at threads like this and i wanna do Wind Waker and RE4 all over again.

i still cant seem to find baseline specs for said emulator, though. id really like to know how far off i am on a good framerate here.

You gota remember that emulating the functions and synch of the components iz easier said than done... hence why some older things may still b hard to run on newer computer hardware... psx is fully emulated, open source ps2 emulators are out there but very hackneed (its just not done..) but its close! :)

..same for xbox.. theres also a ds emulator called the dolphin (the code name for ds back in the day) and theres even an emulator for the 64dd! who knew... ive gotten all that crap to work but generation-chronology wise i havem all (*SCOFFscoffscoff!!!*) but it kinda stops working at dreamcast. And the friggen arcade images are HUGE...

the dc emu works just doesnt play everything.. i havent tried in about 6 months.. the same w the ps2 emu... I still cant get um jammer lammy to work on the psx emulator n its drivin me nutz

if anyone needs some sources or some instruction lemme know ill b happy to help ;)

ps I use a p4 3.2 Ive gotten sega saturn emu to work perfectly ;)

Edited by IceManML

wait, details on your perfectly-working saturn emu, sir. also, props for trying with Um Jammer Lammy, great game.

yeah i know certain engines dont lend themselves well (bish was just on about how the PS2s emotion engine is bitchy here). wait, did 64DD have any games? its funny, i went & found a CD-I emu but it wont run the awful zelda games, ah well.

the wii/GC one im talkin here is an ongoing thing as well, i know the scene is hard at work on some of these, i just cant wait till the homebrew folks let me run shit like Shadow of Colossus and Wind Waker at high rez, since the industry doesnt seem to wanna jump on it. then again, this God of War collection thing might (hopefully) start a trend, who knows.

wait, details on your perfectly-working saturn emu, sir. also, props for trying with Um Jammer Lammy, great game.

yeah i know certain engines dont lend themselves well (bish was just on about how the PS2s emotion engine is bitchy here). wait, did 64DD have any games? its funny, i went & found a CD-I emu but it wont run the awful zelda games, ah well.

the wii/GC one im talkin here is an ongoing thing as well, i know the scene is hard at work on some of these, i just cant wait till the homebrew folks let me run shit like Shadow of Colossus and Wind Waker at high rez, since the industry doesnt seem to wanna jump on it. then again, this God of War collection thing might (hopefully) start a trend, who knows.

yea the thing about emulation is that if the product is still being used for revenue to its company then its illegal.. so dont hold ur breath... I did for the saturn 3 years after I found it -_-;

I didnt get the cd-i emu... (traumatized from those infomercials from the 3DO days :'(

plus remember these guys get paid thru donations so... the progress (if you visit the homepages you'll see) is quite sporadic... it can go friken YEARS for them to pick it up again.. but I digress *SCOFF!* some games have some weird experimental securities that don't allow you to play it on an emulator. I tried every version of um jammer lammy on epsxe and the shit keeps freezing after you press start... arg. Parappa goes outta sync when you play that 1 anyway so i settle for the soundtrack I guess :'/

look for SSF emulator.. it works perfectly. It uses cds but you can use either a virtual drive for images or burn the cds urself (ive used both). the hard part is fining the bios.. that requires about 30 dedicated minutes of your life minimum googling bullshit.

My fav emu is saturn of course but i have a working 1 so not hat special.. I really like the turbo grafix and gba 1s since I cant even find those games anymore... (bonks adventure.. amazing :')

the 64 is a sick emu... the only problem is getting an actuall 64 controller for ur computer... but mischief makers on that thing is disgusting-good.. as for the DDI believe there are limited games for it tho I never found any.. they were all eventually released on gc anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this is really just here to show what Wii/GC can look like in 720p. its still not flawless (and requires a fairly high-end PC by my standards), but yeah, the argument for a Wii HD, however niche, is at least there. i mean, look at this shit.

n5pzif.png

2poe2o7.png

(that's from 2005, kids)

34eoj6c.jpg

dolphinunleashed.png

2yuc9is.jpg

71k940.jpg

NSMBWiiHD2.jpg

Dolphin2009-11-2814-42-30-76.jpg

6du1hj.jpg

k314kp.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WideNES

WideNES, a new emulation project that extends the visible area of an NES game map past the usual 4:3, 256x240 resolution screen area we're used to. Using WideNES, you can even zoom out and pan through previous screens using the keyboard and mouse wheel while still playing the game.

wideNES_metroid.gif&sref=rss

smb3_v3.gif

• Wow! 1