Hondo's Bar

Should iframes be used to contain large signatures?

Stilly

Should iframes be used to contain large signatures?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

they're gonna stay at the previously-agreed upon parameters.

if you wanna ask "why can't we have nice things", look at benny's current sig, for one. this is what happens when you ask people to be respectful of others (work, viewing from mobile, etc) - they kinda shit on things. this way, you guys can put as much junk as you want in them, and no one's gotta see it if they don't want to.

Wait... WHAT?! What's wrong with my sig? I have like 4 pics, that's it...

Fuck iFrames are back. gg.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

benny: people have to hit page down 2-3x to get past your sig alone. think about it. either way, you can make it long as you want, now.

well, ASC (and first off: again, i adore your awards), let's compare:

FunniestHondonianAward.gif

skeeteraward3zv.jpg

3RDFUCKINGANNUALAWARDS2.gif

funniest.jpg

MVP.gif

...clearly, if these trends continue, the 7th award banners are going to be viewed from space.

obviously, "one normal-sized image" isnt very well defined here. i'm talking about possibly going up to 300px (if and only if i can find a way to not make that big a border exist for people with reasonably smaller sigs, like say maldron), and you're talking 750, way bigger than your current 600px image (which, i should note, looks great in the current borders!). i tragically cant seem to make sig images resize like all other board ones, so talk to me here; give me an example of an image you consider "reasonable" that's being horribly cut off/

what do you mean?

I mean, my sig is larger than the parameters, but I'm cool with is because it's sensible.

I, personally, wouldn't be against changing the parameters to the size of new banners, but Nick does bring up the Slippery Slope problem.

OK, I turned sigs back on just to see what all the fuss is about...

ASC, I love you man, but your sig is a shirtless Guy Pearce. WTF?!? I can see getting bent outta shape about your banners, but can't you just size 'em down? Bandwith is money and Nicky needs to save to have a sword shipped from Oz. Besides, my banner/sig looks perfect in the frames and that's all that REALLY matters, isn't it? ;) Plus there's the even bigger issue of sizes making scrolling through threads a proper nightmare. Which brings me to...

Geyskull: Benny? Srsly, dude? Collage that shit or size 'em down or pic one photo and rotate the order in which you display them. Something, cuz...just...wow.

I like seeing the sigs again. Jax's isn't 20 pages long anymore... But for Hondo's Mobile, I suppose. Too bad you can't just turn off sigs for mobile.

That's mah man! Yes, do this, Nick.

sb0116princess-leia-we-can-do-it-posters.jpg

i cant turn sigs on/off per skin, i can only edit bits of coding in them, hence the parameters.

Arch's banner is not displayed correctly.

true, but the image is 750px × 300px. i should mention: i'm only adjusting the height, not the width - the scroll bars on that end are automatic because what's happening right now is the skin isn't allowing any images larger than its margins, which is exactly what i want. You'll recall the last board had custom logos in many places that overlapped/blocked things and looked generally like shit; it's even worse on big-ass resolutions for blind fucks like myself. im really happy with the margins in this board's version and am not gonna do anything to throw them off, lest posts and every other bracket in a page view be entirely thrown off. (on this note: i need to get another skin for art & lit, it sucks for this).

using arch's (or haku's) as an example, though - you can see almost the whole of it, and all of the important info (pic, award title, etc), so even if i made the border 300px tall, it's still gonna have brackets/iframes to scroll over 'cause its 750px wide.

Archived