Hondo's Bar

Greatest Fightin game

The NZA

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've heard many around here nominate Soul Calibur. While i acknowledge the game has style, balance and replay value via side quest modes, i think its overplayed, and personally enjoy Smash Bros more - not just cause im good at it, but i dig the old nintendo shit.

Anyway, just wanted to get this out there and see which one everyone thinks is king, I know i prolly missed a few, feel free to bitch if i did.

PS Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat are left out due to lack of current game.

Ok, i feel like an ass now, good call Dan.  Sad enough that SNK, one of the great 2-D companies, closed up shop just last month, and now i up an forget em.

Dont know how high up i'd place Art of Fighting and King of Fighters, but Samurai Showdown was a blast. I remember part III had the option of bein either good or evil, taht was cool.

Glad to see a number of those characters live on in Capcom Vs SNK 2, a great Dreamcast game that Yahven won't give me.

Although i often miss the side-scrolling beat em ups, startin with Double Dragon, then ya got Final Fight, Crime Fighters, Vigilante, tons of others, and finally, the immortal Streets of Rage.  Havent had one like that in a long, long time.