Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

SyNYt.jpg

I kinda like that.

That was one I made back during Nick's "Bring me your pearls, oink oink" days. I made a monochrome outline, and with different mudflap girls.

004.jpg

Also, the center logo stand alone.

001.gif

There's this one, which in retrospect, would have been better if the 'H' was shifted lower than the 'B', so the word 'Hondo's' was higher than the word 'Bar'.

003.jpg

And of course, for the offspring of Hondonians, there's this one.

HBTNG.jpg

Edited by Reverend Jax

There's this one, which in retrospect, would have been better if the 'H' was shifted lower than the 'B', so the word 'Hondo's' was higher than the word 'Bar'.

003.jpg

I decided I liked some of those logos, so I tweaked them a few ways to get some variations. First, what I said about this one needing the position of the letters relative to the words switched.

003v2.jpg

Then, I wanted to tweak this one

001.gif

First, doing the same font with the arrangement above. Then, with White texts, with a outline and shadow overlay.

005.jpg005v3.jpg

Then, with a mix. Black letters with white words, and vice versa.

005v2.jpg005v4.jpg

Then, I thought about keeping the HB inline, and have the words across the center horizontal axis of the letters. Again with white on black, black on white, and white on white. I could make a black on black with white outlines, but I didn't.

006.jpg006v3.jpg006v2.jpg

I think that last one looks sharp as fuck. And then I did chrome versions of both.

006chrome.jpg005chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

006.jpg

This one and all color variations thereof look tight as fuck. I'm 100% behind this one. It's got a strong graphic look about it and it's a nice, clean shape. I'm assuming that's a vector image? If not I'm sure it would be easy enough to resize anyway without losing any quality. Nice work, Jax!

It's got a strong graphic look about it and it's a nice, clean shape. I'm assuming that's a vector image? If not I'm sure it would be easy enough to resize anyway without losing any quality. Nice work, Jax!

Thanks. I have it as a PSD and the letters are all in unflattened text form, with the 'HB' at 500pt, the 'HondosBar' at 72pt and '.com' at 54pt, so I could scale up proportionally.

i know ya'll ain't chattin

quoted for new page, and also because it's a serious entry and not the one with the lips & everything from before:

I decided I liked some of those logos, so I tweaked them a few ways to get some variations. First, what I said about this one needing the position of the letters relative to the words switched.

003v2.jpg

Then, I wanted to tweak this one

First, doing the same font with the arrangement above. Then, with White texts, with a outline and shadow overlay.

005.jpg005v3.jpg

Then, with a mix. Black letters with white words, and vice versa.

005v2.jpg005v4.jpg

Then, I thought about keeping the HB inline, and have the words across the center horizontal axis of the letters. Again with white on black, black on white, and white on white. I could make a black on black with white outlines, but I didn't.

006.jpg006v3.jpg006v2.jpg

I think that last one looks sharp as fuck. And then I did chrome versions of both.

006chrome.jpg005chrome.jpg

i like 2 & 3 a lot, man. the HB (is it me, or is the B crying?) can be made to be iconic, i dig it.

Nli1p.gif

hakus - this thread is/has been about getting our own logo instead of aping harley forevermore.

nathaniel.gif

I know you're often sometimes caught up in how witty you think you are to actually process what someone else is trying to communicate (We know our own.), so I'll try again. Most Hondonians like the Harley logo enough to wear it on clothing (or at least to purchase it), so why not look at exploring some variations on the Harley logo or somehow incorporating it into a new logo? Why does that have to be a negative thing? Especially w/ the tenth anniversary looming, why wouldn't a nod to that logo in some manner be worth looking in to or exploring?

And if the lack of originality in the Harley/tee-shirt logo is what's sticking in your craw, then maybe this can ease your craw discomfort . . .

Hondo's is all about "aping" shit! Very rarely is anything genuinely new created or envisioned here.That's not what this place is really about. And that's not a bad thing or meant as derogatory! A big part of Hondo's is discussion. The discussionof things other people are saying, doing, creating, etc. So why shouldn't that be reflected, even if only subtly, in the logo? Know what I mean?

lolphillies2.gif

Because we want something original...

the fact that a number of people hold the harley logo in high regard is cool too, i also get what you're saying about originality (though i entirely disagree) - but this is a thread about making our own logo. i think we're capable of that, however long it takes, but if we just keep the basic form (or close enough to it) of the harely one, what's the point?

given how old this thread/effort is, if you're worried this will hijack the many plans i've had for our ongoing anniversary events: fear not, i'm just trying to bring the idea back to relevancy. until we're sued told otherwise, im keeping the classic logo for shirts & all, but id really like us to have something of our own one day.

now, if you've got an idea you think works as a nod to the harley one, but is distinct enough to still stand as its own thing, then sketch it out or get someone else to do so! because id like to see that too.

I'm not attached to the Harley logo in so much as I friggin' paid money for shirt w/ it on it and would like for it to stay as relevant to the site as possible for as long as possible. And if three years later you're still letting the dream of a super new and original logo live then so be it.

so, you've got no ideas on how to incorporate it either, you're just worried that whatever my "dream" could achieve would somehow make the iconic logo we've had for the greater part of a decade irrelevant.

let me alleviate your fears right now: that will not happen. though i do think it's cool you think we've any chance of doing that.

Hondo%27s%20Bar.gif

I don't give a fuck about the Harley thing. It's more something I tolerate than a reason I bought the shirt. I wear it in spite of the Harley logo.

I don't care for the ones that have "hondos" and "bar" in opposite corners. I dunno why, looks cluttered to me. I like the ones that have it directly in the center more.

• 8 months later...