Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

you ain't had nothin' :eh:

for real, we've got ASC here for this stuff and still can't come up with new ideas, it's kind've sad. i tried drawing stuff but it just looks like retarded Oa symbols.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just whipped this up...     Thought it came out pretty cool, and even managed to find that damn near perfect Preacher-esque font.   Aaaand I've also ordered myself a bumper sticker of thi

Here's my stab at it, taking on board all comments and developments so far.  

Cheers man. I feel so bad that you were left hack n' slashin' that image to bits when I had a layered version the whole time.       Okay, so since the smaller details are

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

That's too cluttered. You have to approach it with the eye of an advertiser. Clean lines and a concise message.

Here, I fixed it for you. Free of charge.

N53Cmhh.jpg

PERFECT!

Cut. Print. Put it on a shirt. We're done here.

And you get a +1 at a later date.

• Upvote 1

Here's an idea I think we can actually get behind

6uEIJxB.png

WAIT! Don't leave, hear me out. Its just a rough sketch out there (I would like someone else to do a final design). An H that looks like a wooden fencepost with a cowboy leaning against it. His hat connects to the top of the H and his leg is bent to form a B. I think it would work well. Maybe just the silhouette of the cowboy would be fine. Boogie, ASC, Logans? Someone else more artistically inclined should do this, but I think its a cool idea.

The shortening of it to HB is going to make me think Ice Cream.

Spinning a storyline that involves Uncle NZA trying to sling his Kuster's Kreamy Kustard in lew of Ice Cream... but that's for the WW thread

I think it works better as a silhouette (and is infinitely more t-shirtable that way)

I do have one thing to add, the upper loop on the B could be his arm holding the cigarette to his mouth.

Like Baytor said I thought the same. AND I 've been thinking of adding a sunset in the back so his shadow would form HB on the floor. Like I said, im going to have time to do it bewteen saturday and sunday. Right now I should be reading for a test... sigh... Anyways. Let me know what you think.

All I've got at work is paint and the touch pad on my laptop, but here's my sketch of axel's idea and expanding on Boog's sketch:

hondoslogo_zps802fda66.png

I like the idea of the upper loop of the "B" coming from the cowboy lowering his head and pulling down the brim of this hat rather than grabbing a smoke. Also, I think it should be more centered on the sunset and the parallax line of the edge of the "B" should match the slope of the left side of the 'H' moreso than how it ended up in the sketch.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I have that problem too. How do you put him in a position that isn't silly while still forming the bottom half of the letter?

Discuss.

By scraping the idea all together? I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea, but the only way to execute it is to make him look like he's in a ridiculous position, so I think it would be best to file it away rather than to commit to it.

The shadow does not have to be a literal shadow, this is a logo not a project for art class. Just have the guy leaning against a post adjusting his hat abstractly in the shape of a brand the shadow be a proper b