Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just whipped this up...     Thought it came out pretty cool, and even managed to find that damn near perfect Preacher-esque font.   Aaaand I've also ordered myself a bumper sticker of thi

Here's my stab at it, taking on board all comments and developments so far.  

Cheers man. I feel so bad that you were left hack n' slashin' that image to bits when I had a layered version the whole time.       Okay, so since the smaller details are

Posted Images

Perhaps the dusker, while a cool garment overall, is not helpful in creating the illusion that the cowboy is B-shaped.

I thought that was straight.

Is this why I keep getting tricked into having gay sex?

He meant it should be vertical.

• 3 years later...

So I just whipped this up...

TfRQOTu.png

Thought it came out pretty cool, and even managed to find that damn near perfect Preacher-esque font.

Aaaand I've also ordered myself a bumper sticker of this so I can pimp out Hondo's on the go!

• Upvote 3
  • 1 year later...

Ok so, any ideas for this? Color schemes, design ideas, size/format requirements? I've got an idea that's probably a little rougher than what most want, but would represent the kind of interests the entire board is into. If anything this will be a fun little exercise.

ASC, I'm totally down for a collab or just bouncing ideas around. I'm probably going more sketchy/hand drawn rather than a smooth logo. Probably sounds worse than it will be haha. 

Regardless, a new logo is a must. 

We could try a mix of styles. I think a mix of rough and sleek elements may actually work best. Good logos tend to be simple though, so it may not be best to overload it.

I suggest we have a round of pure brainstorming, come up with elements and concepts we want to include/have come across, after that, we have a go drafting a few different versions, come back compare notes and then hopefully nail down what we want to include in the finished version and then execute it. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I keep trying to think of stuff. One idea I had was each letter being the shape of something having to do with the forum, but I think they would get too complicated and obscure. I keep going back to just having a variation of HB done up all fancy like. I can't really picture it in my head though. I get there is sort of a western/cowboy theme here, but I dunno about keeping that in the logo. I think it should be more neutral. Maybe nodding toward the main interests of the board (comics, nerd stuff in general). 

Also don't really think the word "bar" absolutely needs to be in there. Maybe just the word "Hondo's" with some bells and whistles to it? I can't think of a catchy design right off though. You may be carrying this one ASC :P

Doesn't matter what you put behind it, Hondo's will always conjure the image of a western saloon. I thought the whole point of the suffixes was to add context and shape the preconceptions of what this place and its' name means.

I've given it a lot of thought, and I just keep coming back to this flyer.

PzRcaZE.jpg

What do people say to just using either the top banner on that or if you don't want the FF reference, something similar? Considering that comics are the backbone of this place, I feel it's the way to go. What say ye?

Edited by alive she cried