Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

ive been a huge fan of that image since seeing it, and have it pinned up in at least 2 places around this apartment.  the font & FF reference are great by me, and you're not wrong about comics having a lot to do with the way we came about to. 

ive just always been interested in the details of that limited edition draw, haha

2 hours ago, Axels said:

I can dig that. It should have a prefix though. (The Incredible, Amazing, Uncanny etc). 

Cool, I'm open to suggestions.

1 hour ago, The NZA said:

ive been a huge fan of that image since seeing it, and have it pinned up in at least 2 places around this apartment.  the font & FF reference are great by me, and you're not wrong about comics having a lot to do with the way we came about to. 

Nice! So throw me the dimensions for the header and I'll redesign it to fit that.

p.s. Shouldn't that be "a drawing"? :P

Edited by alive she cried

it's a mighty fine start!  my quips in the hollabox:

1) the mobile image is actually smaller than the text beneath it, which is weird.  

2) that pee-ish yellow...is there any way perhaps a vomit-green might work better?  

just spitballin here 

I was going to make a longer post but the internet crapped out.

The current image is an odd aspect ratio, and its trying to fit it all in a small space (giggity). The old image was a square, so it scaled properly.

Totally hacked the transparency, and another background would totally expose how much of a hackjob it really was.

dEPNvpK.jpg

I dunno man, it's squished & the colors don't look great...compare it to the text below, you can read the logo but everything else is all but unreadable

I think it's an awesome idea for a new logo but what's there isn't doing much 

So sorry for throwing this at ye and then scarpering. I went straight to bed after sending it on last night, and then had my graduation from college today. Just back now.

Okay, first off, it looks God awful at the moment (that's totally on me). The green does not  work with the faded paper background.

I have a layered version without the paper, which I'll see how it looks in photoshop on the green. 

Give me a few minutes and I'll post a better version.

Cheers man. I feel so bad that you were left hack n' slashin' that image to bits when I had a layered version the whole time.

Okay, so since the smaller details are completely lost when viewed on mobile, and if there's no way of using a separate file for mobile, then it's probably best just to cut them out sadly.

Here's what I hope will look a lot nicer than what we have.

UQNuf8C.png

And hopefully what it'll look like.

LZ9F7oz.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

that's awesome!

gotta ask though: is there any way we can keep the side marquee with comics/games/music/ and maybe switch out sci-fi & fantasy for stuff we do, like culture, art, philosophy, movies or the like?  the roots of our name/membership are most definitely in comics, i'd just love a logo that celebrates/shows a bit of what else we're about too.

unless y'all think that's too much? 

Yeah, I felt that was a loss alright (and I meant to take out sci-fi and fantasy but forgot). It's just maybe too small to be viewed on mobile I think. But I could possibly run a little banner underneath the logo listing our favourite topics. If it doesn't look good, we can always revert to the bare bones one above.

I'm off to bed now, but I'll upload an updated version tomorrow.

Edited by alive she cried