Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

Okay so here's what I have, for some reason the green went strange, but it's only there for illustrative purposes, so I'll upload the version without a background once we've picked one.

maF0QrQ.jpg

3NZo4Lp.jpg

Ar0LTYm.jpg

This version has the top line uncentred as, it might go behind the forum navigation, but if the above centred versions work, then we should go with them instead. 

qqVhCGZ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

oh my god, those look great man!  i personally lean towards comics & more, since we're not a dedicated comics board & i'm on record with geek culture being a thing that drives me nuts, haha.  

how do you guys feel about "The World's Greatest Discussion Forum"?  

also donny's pointing out that aligning the marquee to the left like that last one might be ideal, given the HUD/icons that show up top (take a look at how it looks in here, they show up just outside the letters as is)  

also stilly: i'm digging the mobile-on-dekstop approach of stretching things simply cause it's displayed larger, though donny's voting against it herself, saying "without the margins, the eye has nowhere to rest."  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The NZA said:

geek culture being a thing that drives me nuts, haha.  

how do you guys feel about "The World's Greatest Discussion Forum"?  

This. I'm not fan of the term Geek Culture. 

"Discussion Forum" covers all the bases though. 

Edited by Axels
it's late, therefore typos

16 hours ago, The NZA said:

also donny's pointing out that aligning the marquee to the left like that last one might be ideal, given the HUD/icons that show up top (take a look at how it looks in here, they show up just outside the letters as is

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that it might go behind the forum navigation.

Also, I'm not understanding the hate for geek culture. Is this forum not mostly about culture that leans towards the geeky side of things more often than not? That said, I'm perfectly okay with discussion forum.

bT3ndRt.png

xtn6ueF.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

me, ive always been baffled/annoyed by the need to use old high school labels for stuff that's super mainstream these days....but i also find it kinda limiting, because art, culture & a lot of other stuff we do here isn't usually dumped under that label either, you know? 

i think both those logos look fantastic, man.  here's to whatever stilly thinks works best with the skin/layout!

It's looking so much better than the last version (mercifully). 

I've uploaded a tweaked version with the top line moved in a little further to the left so that it doesn't go behind the forum navigation.

cAzAfv0.png

1 hour ago, The NZA said:

me, ive always been baffled/annoyed by the need to use old high school labels for stuff that's super mainstream these days....but i also find it kinda limiting, because art, culture & a lot of other stuff we do here isn't usually dumped under that label either, you know? 

No chatting in the Suggestion Box! I've always wanted to do that.

We should probably continue this in a relevant thread. 

Also, is it possible to make that alternate version available to the rest of us? That way we can try it out and report back. 

Edited by alive she cried

ehh that's a bit trickier...stilly can correct me if i'm wrong on this version, but generally speaking: allowing users to choose their own skin in the past was troublesome because things we'd edited into the main page (chat etc) might not be there for the variants.  that said, he's got a few of them that look like they're using the same template, so i can't say it cannot be done, just that it's more trouble.  me, i'm hoping to find us a holiday skin with some snow going sometime between now & then.

and by all means, if we don't have a geek culture thread already (that'd be odd though) go for it! 

Okay, so the issue here, is that I have the sans chatty option overriding the user's preference, which is how the front page has the chatty, but not the other pages.

This was done so that once per-forum skins are made/implemented, you get that skin in that forum. So.....there's a widescreen sans chatty, but it won't really do you any good in the forums right now. We'll need a vote at some point, I'm sure.

Ok, so I played around with it a bit and fixed the issue with chatty so that I don't need an extra skin to keep it from showing up in the forums. So I killed sans chatty, because it was now redundant.

I have replaced sans chatty with Hondos X.0 - Widescreen, so the choice is up to the user. If you want wide, go with widescreen. Want extra space, go with the standard. Bada bing, bada boom.

Also, after all this time, this is my 1000th post. Woo!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1