Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

how does one block facing away from the shooter? By that, I mean not everyone has a big head like you Skeet. Only your big head could block something, unintentionally as well.

well maube not unintentionally, but you get the point.

Edited by Signal08

Okay, I'll concede your point that Baytor didn't specify the Lion should block the shark-jumping unicorn but raise you that my point of the lion facing the other way is perfectly valid. I said

Again, Baytor didn't leave a lotta wiggle room(we wouldn't even be having this hi-five/blocking debate if the lion were say, facing away) but I'm sure Jax appreciates the sentiment.

and ya see... should I draw this? Noone specified the Lion should block. It was Jax who decided to open possibly the most inane of Pandora's boxes: The high-five/blocking debate. I'm conceding that yes, it's remarkable that Jax & ASC were on the same unprompted wavelength there, and that if Jax were possibly on a different wavelength, by say FACING THE FUCKING LION AWAY then we would not be conversing in two unique dialects of retarded on a matter with as much relevance as FDB's latest LJ entry. Am I getting through at all here?

I totally suggest like... a unicorn jumping over like a shark and a lion and slam dunking into a basketball hoop only the ball is like an atomic bomb and the unicorn has dragon wings and there's attack helicopters flying around it and it says "Hondos Bar: THAT FUCKING AWESOME"

Or maybe that was just my idea for the ultimate fantasy van. Though it lacks a topless chick.

4 pages in, and weve got the best april fool's logos evar, but the "simple but copyright-violating" logo of yore has yet to be topped.

less basketball rules, more ideas! alright, it does look awesome, but we all know it wont work on t-shirts, fanny packs and vibrators. mostly.

disappointment.jpg

4 pages in, and weve got the best april fool's logos evar, but the "simple but copyright-violating" logo of yore has yet to be topped.

less basketball rules, more ideas! alright, it does look awesome, but we all know it wont work on t-shirts, fanny packs and vibrators. mostly.

disappointment.jpg

You are totally ignoring the fantasy van market! We airbrush that fucker on one side and a topless chick fighting a dragon with nothing but the awesome licks from her bass guitar on the other and put a water bed and hydraulics on that bitch then put in a tape of nothing but Lowrider on the A-side and Jungle Boogie on the B and chicks'll be throwing panties at as for miles around.

I refuse to work with your lack of imagination!

Iambaytor is getting my vote for funniest Hondonian this year hands down. Fucker cracks me up. Christ im almost sad that someone illustrated his vision. It was funnier in my head.

What we need here is some central theme to latch onto here. Given the pop-culture melting-pot nature of this place its gonna be hard to find something that doesnt look vaguely similar to something else let alone something that everyone can agree on. Id have a crack at this as Im the resident Photoshop Ninja Trainee-at-large (the guy who makes coffee for the other Ninjas while they lens flare it up in the next doji) but its better left to the sharper skilled of our sacred order.

Long story short: Wheres SB when ya need em??

• 3 weeks later...
I'm with crimson in principle, though. It's time Hondos had a logo that was all its own.

Did you completely skip over both renditions of the unicorn with dragon wings slam dunking the nuke over a shark and lion with the helicopters? Hondo's has it's new logo!

PS ASC, the logo is a beaut.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Very cool

I'm with crimson in principle, though. It's time Hondos had a logo that was all its own.

this is what i was going for. I adore good homage (well done, ASC) and the lion/unicorn thing goes on our frontpage soon...but something we create on our own, that we can sign things with, from t-shirts to any of our works...that'd be amazing. its a goal worth shooting for.

Its why i love the harley one, or the faux-wu-tang ones of the past: theyre simple and iconic. we just need our own.

Ive found yet another group who dont much like our hondos t shirts apart from Baytors Walmart Bulldykes. Hairy Harley Bikers. Was at a barbeque last weekend with a bunch of rocker types and there was several instances where Hairy Biker guys with leather Harley jackets would squint inquisitively at my tshirt then look away with at best a look of puzzlement or at worst a murderous glint in their eyes.

Hahaha oh brave man. Worst I've had is some idiot biker bitch working in Roger david follow me around the whole store trying to read my shirt. When asked by her coworker what she thought she was doing she was like 'that man has a Harley shirt on but I'm pretty sure it's doesn't say Harley Davidson'.

• 4 weeks later...

Its funny how originally I was in support for coming up with a new logo, but now that I think about trying to make one I really wish I could just do another parody. Ho Hum. Are we wanting to come up with just the logo, not like a page, or banner. I'm on the same page there right?

I had posted in the past for shirts and things you could just use some neat fonts, its simple and easy. I'll post some examples and maybe ya'll can give me some input? I don't know what the hell I'm doing here......

Untitled-15.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg