Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

I think the image is cool, but a woman in a martini glass doesn't scream Hondo's Bar to me... Looks neat, though!

But!! Seeing how that image, or something to it's effect, has been used before, it would be kinda neat to replace the martini glass with a beer glass. Maybe?

Edited by MetalHeart
to add words!

OI! contest maybe??

If we do a logo contest, I'm definitely in.

So, what would you guys say defines Hondos? It's a tough place to squeeze into a single image (hence the shark, lion, basketball thing, I suppose). Let's do this logo right. Honest to god, I have a logo-conceptualizing questionnaire lying around if anyone cares to answer it.

I love backhanded compliments. Crimson, what you said was actually not stupid.

Anyway, I've got this here idea of putting it into a javascript applet that makes it so when you put your cursor over either the left or right side door, it pushed the respective door back on a hinge (like a real swinging door), and when you remove your cursor, it swings forward, then place into place. It could even have a fancy creaking sound. If you click it, it takes you to the forum. It would be the centerpiece of the splash page.

Anyway, I don't know java, and it seems like it might be alot of work to learn java just for that. If anyone knows java, give me a heads up and I can make all the frames of the animation.

Edited by Reverend Jax

I love backhanded compliments. Crimson, what you said was actually not stupid.

i thought you originally made that as a joke, not a real concept so i figured I'd pipe up and say "hey i know you werent serious but thats a good idea"

No need to be a dick about it.....as usual*

*Now THAT was backhanded

There is a lot of influence from pop culture in here. Be it comics, movies or literature. For example there is a very tangible Palahniuk and Preacher vibe here so a lot of homage owes a lot to those two (myself included). When we get a parody or homage logo it kind of cements the interests and passions that brought us here in the first place.

Thats my theory anyways.