Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

Just cause parts of the board are crass doesn't mean the logo has to be. Hondo's is about more than titties and curse words. I think the true spirit of the board is about community and bravado.

Yes, I realize that sounds cheesey. (Though it doesn't negate the truth) If you want to mock because of that, have at it.

Nothing wrong with dick and fart jokes, but if you can find a way to incorporate Oscar Wildesque or New Yorker-style humor into our logo, be my guest. Once you've grown beyond dick and fart jokes, you've essentially died inside and become a miserable old fart.

Edited by Reverend Jax

So, uh, who here is still serious about wanting a new logo? And if so, is this the wrong crowd to ask for a little class...or if not class, at least not crude?

I do.... I was just joking about Stillbored's picture. Although I think it's adorable as hell.

edit - I know this is taking two steps back, but I think 2T's hot costner MSPaint drawing would be giggle-riffic

ALSO! We could take different quotes of people gunning for and against the FAQ and put those on the front of a shirt, and then on the back have HONDO'S BAR - WHERE THE FAQ RULES SUPREME AND KISSES YOUR MOTHER or something wittier than that regarding the FAQ or something. I dunno.

Edited by MetalHeart
to add words

I know that we've had some classic FAQ slander and endorsements over the years in Welcome threads

Like -

Avoid the FAQ at all costs. Alarms will sound. Alligators will bite. And you will get AIDS.

THE FAQ GIVES A JOLLY GOOD TIME TO THOSE WHO ENTER IT. IT'S MAGIC! IT WILL GRANT YOU ONE WISH... Only if your wish is Bukkake related.

FAQ BAD

FAQ GOOD

FAQ BAD

FAQ GOOD

-ETC-

And if so I was thinking we could either find them or make some new ones <3 I think it would be cool to have the img on the front (or back or whatevs) look something along these lines:

Not great but you get the idea.

(The quotes but in picture form)

http://hondos.nilbog.net/uploads/1218079430.gif

I was thinking of even taking a quote scheme from a couple of different forums and compiling it that way... I dunno.

Edited by MetalHeart

What board do you frequent? I would personally like to capture the true spirit of Hondo's Bar.

Wait we're a brothel? I demand to see the whores, I have yet to see a single whore! (2track doesn't count)

Seriously though I don't like having to plan my day around wearing the shirt because it says "whores" and we know that discussion fits if we don't shitcan the logo. And while I wouldn't mind wearing a shirt with the current grassy knoll slogan (Kicking names and taking ass) the word "whores" tends to piss people off a great deal more than ass does.

And Shane and I have confirmed that lesbians, bikers, and (presumably) lesbian bikers don't like it.

In world, where ideological rifts tear the house asunder, one man must master these forces in his journey of self understanding

"Do you wanna Pilot this ship?!"-Nick

"YES!"-all, in unison

"Well....you can't!" - Nick

Rocked by dissent and infighting, our hero must overcome great odds and a severe hang over to keep his ship afloat.

Join Rick Astley as Nick Custer

"God damn it, Skeeter. Stop Tea Bagging me in my sleep!"

Steve Irwin as Skeeter

"Crikey!" :belch:

Kevin Smith as Silent Bob

:sigh:

Rosario Dawson as Senshik

Shut up, BITCH! or I'll suffocate you with my tata's!

Che Guevara and George Wendt as Jax and Arch

:Jax and Arch arguing loudly, talking over each other:

"Communist!"

"Fascist!"

And Kevin Costner as himself

"Somebody call me? I brought my bat!"

In this year's funniest action drama:

Hondo's Bar: The Movie

Directed by Michael Bay

This movie is rated 2Track

Edited by archangel