Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

What is up with the banner, it keeps changing over and over again. One minute I'm not on it (a fact I'm cool with as I'm like the whacky uncle that pops in periodically on sitcoms, not so much a member, more of a guest who doesn't know when to leave), then I am (and who could blame you for wanting my aviatored goodness, then I'm not meanwhile the entire thing is like musical chairs. When did the music stop and I not sit down.

P.S. I am not lamenting my lack of placement on the banner. I'm just saying pick one and stick with it.

While its tight work, i can't believe that so many long term heavy post counts have been left out.

I mean SB, Sig, Myself, Nanno, and Aarty with combined posts of about 30k not in the montage.

notthisshitagain.jpg

again: jax took it upon himself to make this, and only used the photos he found readily available in whatever photo threads he checked. he wasnt looking for your average profile shots, just something candid that fit. on his original concept art, it was basically full, and when StillB stretched it, the idea was that there'd be extra openings, dupes, and placeholders like that eye towards the center just so people could contribute/link to shots that they thought'd fit, and if jax approved & stillB had time, we'd update this thing. its a work in progress, but i gotta point to the lack of funds going in anyone's direction and remind people to be patient. i mean, we got old members we'd all love to see up there who arent around, we've got top 10 posters who dont frequent lately and the like, etc. i thought jax covered a lot of bases in the first draft.

baytor - when did it change?

baytor - when did it change?

Okay, it was like it currently is but it had a few less pictures, then there was a super long version with another "As Seen In Blargh" endcap, Lindsay's picture was pushed over to the left and a pictuer of me in aviators was next to it. Doj put a picture of it in Blargh, now my picture has been eliminated as well as the blargh and I think there were a couple more though I can't be arsed to figure out who have dissappeared but the bar is back to shorter length now and some more pics have been added.

shit, really? i guess i either gotta change my resolution or refresh more. who all do you see that you dont recall seeing earlier?

i swear, it took me years to learn to outsource things like profiles, the south park versions of ourselves etc, and then we go and do this. it is fucking brilliant, though.

Ok, after going back and reading more than just this page of this topic, I have a few things to say:

1.) I did not create the art as such. I merely took the original by Jax and made it "fit". This cut out many people, which I tried to include in various forms.

2.) The logo is made up of two images. A background that repeats forever (depending on your resolution), and the main image with the "I <3 Hondosbar" text. The left side is LL's face, and the right side is "As Seen in Blargh".

3.) I have not made any changes since this was uploaded...and I can confirm that it is the exact same image I uploaded (on both hondoshare and in the source code), so all changes (including "hey, my face was there and now it isn't") just don't exist. Maybe it's a resolution thing where the background isn't always displaying.

That being said, you're all a bunch of ffffffffffffffffffaggots and I love you all.

Edited by Stillbored
NAMES

Ok, after going back and reading more than just this page of this topic, I have a few things to say:

1.) I did not create the art as such. I merely took the original by Jax and made it "fit". This cut out many people, which I tried to include in various forms.

2.) The logo is made up of two images. A background that repeats forever (depending on your resolution), and the main image with the "I <3 Hondosbar" text. The left side is Lottie's face, and the right side is "As Seen in Blargh".

3.) I have not made any changes since this was uploaded...and I can confirm that it is the exact same image I uploaded (on both hondoshare and in the source code), so all changes (including "hey, my face was there and now it isn't") just don't exist. Maybe it's a resolution thing where the background isn't always displaying.

That being said, you're all a bunch of ffffffffffffffffffaggots and I love you all.

You shouldn't have to explain yourself.

2.) The logo is made up of two images. A background that repeats forever (depending on your resolution), and the main image with the "I <3 Hondosbar" text. The left side is Lottie's face, and the right side is "As Seen in Blargh".

i see the girl in blue (ll i think, it's hard to make her out) is repeated twice, couldn't somebody got her spare spot?

let everybody fight for it in fight club :)

OK, here's my official statement:

I was doing some surfing on imdb.com and came across this DVD cover

I-HEART-HUCKABEES-dvd-FLAT.jpg

it gave me an idea for a new hondos logo when I saw huchabees had nine letters just like hondosbar, and the opportunity to switch out some pictures but maintain the look. Nick was yapping is face hole about how the new logo shouldn't be a parody, but a unique design, but I tried that and all I got for my efforts were a bunch of "good job, but it's not what we're looking for right now." I knew that Nick clearly had no idea what he wanted, but if I just ignored his initial concern (parody vs original) and just appealed to his weaknesses (philosophy, and wanting to be a firefighter), I could put a picture of him in a firefighter helmet in the spot where Marky Mark Wahlberg was in the original logo, he's be happy as a pig in shit. I did a google image search for "i heart huckabees" and found the logo I wanted to start working with:

key_art_i_heart_huckabees.jpg

So I came up with a logo that retained those dimensions (12 'stamps' by 3 'stamps'). What I quickly found out, scouring hondos for pictures, is that if you fill up the 'stamps' with straight forward, smiling, looking into the camera, mugshot style images, it quickly becomes extremely boring visually. It lost the appeal of the original. I don't have a saved copy of this early draft, but take my work for it. In the original, the actors have different expressions, are looking in different directions, and are doing different things, and that's what I needed to retain that in the hondos version. So I started eliminating photos and started looking for visually interesting photos. I wanted to include Hondonians with high post counts, long history, and overall impact on the Hondo's Zeitgeist TM, but I wanted to keep the logo visually interesting. That's why dinghy got three stamps, because that picture was perfect. Skeeter originally got 3 stamps too, like Jason Schwartzman's closed eyes picture in the original. Stilly made only a few changes (changing the dimensions, adding himself, and basically eliminating drinky duck, and changed Lindsay's image).

If t-shirts are in the future, there are some huckabess images (like this one) that have more stamps that we can use as a jumping off point for expansion.

In conclusion, if you were not included in this image, don't take it personally, I just didn't find a picture of you that fit the look I was going for. Honestly, I didn't find any of myself I liked either, so I used my webcam to take a picture that I used. If I didn't have a webcam, I would have left myself out.

Edited by Reverend Jax