Hondo's Bar

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe?

Maldron

I'm with Baytor. This is the single most ridiculous pairing of items I've ever seen. For my money MK's been a dead franchise since about #4, so to me it looks like they've just taken a seemingly rich franchise to tick onto and leech some life from. And they clearly couldn't afford Marvel.

i think that's quite possibly true: we dont really know what the hell marvel's doing now that the MMO got the axe ( :bye: ).

way i figure it, if youre trying to inject new life into this franchise (before SF IV comes out, natch), and youre gonna do crazy shit like leave out fatalities, why not just go fucking nuts and do something like this?

seriously though, :FHD: to the first of you who shops together a halfway-believable Killer Instinct vs Image Comics.

i think that's quite possibly true: we dont really know what the hell marvel's doing now that the MMO got the axe ( :FHD: ).

way i figure it, if youre trying to inject new life into this franchise (before SF IV comes out, natch), and youre gonna do crazy shit like leave out fatalities, why not just go fucking nuts and do something like this?

seriously though, :FHD: to the first of you who shops together a halfway-believable Killer Instinct vs Image Comics.

Fulgore2.jpg vs spawn_img1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Mortal_Kombat_vs._DC_Universe_Coverart.png

Apparently, I am the only person that actually wants to play this game...But I have yet to get my hands on it. I'm a sucker for fighting games and well, i fucken love DC comics...so this is like watching Angelina Jolie fuck Brad Pitt to me...sexy!

ahem

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was released on Nov. 16th for PS3 & XBOX 360....anyone tried it out yet??

you know, most people clowned on it (myself included) early on, by the mere idea, but ive heard its kinda fun. i havent rented or know anybody with a copy, but im down to give it a try sometime...never was a fan of the MK combat system but the DC people make me wanna try anyway.

im so gonna be green lantern

oh man, cool there was a thread for this!

anywho..yeah I always get laughed at too for liking these corny kind of games...but it's so much fun! I'm going to get my hands on it sometime this week and i'll post my personal review...which may not be as respectable as most video game gurus...but I'll let you know what i think, NZA~~

you know, most people clowned on it (myself included) early on, by the mere idea, but ive heard its kinda fun. i havent rented or know anybody with a copy, but im down to give it a try sometime...never was a fan of the MK combat system but the DC people make me wanna try anyway.

im so gonna be green lantern

It's not the DC part that turned me off, after all I'm perfectly okay with the Juggernaut vs. that little lego guy from Megaman Legends, Darth Vader (or Spawn) vs. Maxi, and Solid Snake vs. Pikachu. My problem is that Mortal Kombat has never been much of a user friendly fighting game, even when the point of the games was no longer than to bilk your dad out of $20 in quarters it was still had one hell of a fucking learning curve. I just simply don't trust the Mortal Kombat side of things, that and Midway hasn't made good games since... um...

I do plan to give this a try but it's hard to just pretend that Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects didn't happen and not be wary of another cash-in crossover title. (Though honestly EA really did pass up the chance to do an EA vs. Marvel game. Wolverine vs. John Madden would have been nothing short of epic!)

I'm waiting for the success of this title to make Midway revive other brands via the crossover route, namely, NBA Jam. I'm thinking NBA Jam Vs Star Wars Universe. I'd love to here the NBA Jam announcer shout 'Use the force, Luke!' with the same inflection as 'He's on fire!' Man, that would be so awesome. I'd play with Chewie cause he's tall.

• 6 months later...

Man, my thumbblisters are HUGE and I'm in a lot of pain, but I can't wait to get home, tape up my thumbs and get back into it. Played through the DC story last night and it didn't make a lot of sense, apparently you're supposed to play through the MK part first to establish events, so that's tonight's task. I'm a little bummed there aren't more unlockable characters.

Archived