Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

The mini-hondies-F.A.Q.:

-I'm running them this year. Which is not at all to say i wont take help and especially suggestions.

-Classic categories will of course return. ive a few more im thinking of adding.

-Hoping for good, lighthearted mudslinging/competition. I'm preparing for disappointment.

-I'm thinking of having 7-10 options per award, with a single nomination thread beforehand so everyone can throw names in the basket, and if there's too many for one particular one, we'll have a shorter primary for getting names on the ballot.

-A note to those running for hottest fella/broad: this year, the ballot will feature at least one pic on the poll itself. No exceptions. Im not saying you cant use an older pic from when you were in better shape/less hairy, but you know, current ones are highly encouraged.

-As ever, losers and sore sports are encouraged to devise clever fake award banners for themselves.

Finally, im wondering: is may really when we wanna do this every year? would it not be easier to review the year at its end, or very early the next one? post your thoughts.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

arch - im inclined to agree, just wondering if i should set em up for the holiday season when a lot of us drop off from regularly posting, you know?

DoJ - yeah, but again, the concern is youll forget what was done last fall by summer of the next year, no? i like having it during a lull, but i hate seeing people and their efforts fall between the cracks.

DoJ - yeah, but again, the concern is youll forget what was done last fall by summer of the next year, no? i like having it during a lull, but i hate seeing people and their efforts fall between the cracks.

arch - yeah, that's not a bad idea. i actually thought early january when people start strolling back in would work too. just gotta A) fend off the masses till then if it gets delayed, and B) make sure enough folks are back around to get it going. then again, if theyre not, the event could be myspace/facebook'd/whored out to be what brings people back in, heh.

also a fair idea. voting turnout would be pretty solid...id just like to lock down a general month/vicinity because the old joke about them happening "when they happen" is grand, but either you do them a year later and people moan that they dont realize a year has passed, or like this year, i see mention/hype for them in like 10 threads and its not even time yet.

i see mention/hype for them in like 10 threads and its not even time yet.

well according to boogie, he's been here over a year and has never seen a hondies, so.

i agree we should have a designated month for the hondies, but by god i'm not waiting till december.

i suggest you do em now (cos like doj said we're pretty busy at the moment) and then do the next one in december and from then on do em in december.

ugh, ASC....i garuntee if we do one now, one in december, we'll hate them and want to skip em for like another year.

skeet's right tho; we'll have a crack team of paint kids or uh, a mail-order round of blowjobs for stillbored or something.

Archived