Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

skeet - i have no idea how you're pushing battle of the bands into the awards again, remind me.

Dr GF - i know, i feel the same way. the only consolation i have is that panch is offering free facials. :FHD:

anyway, wrote up categories & ideas last night, ill be making a general nomination thread in town square soon so everyone gets a chance to weigh in.

the controversial question i have to ask, though: hondonians who werent as active the last year are naturally not gonna be featured so much, but hondonians who've left/resigned - should they be on the ballot? I go back & forth on this; yeah, they did things here during the last year but what's the point if theyre not here to accept? lemme know what you think.

Fuck Doj. ANd Joel, sadly is gonna have to be victim of shitty timing and lose his evil genius crown. Like Nick said-they renounced, and unless there's a 'weakest cuntrag piece of afterbirth' award for Doj, there's no call for inclusion. I rate Drifter higher than Doj right now. That's gotta say something.

ASC: ...you're right, fair's fair. ok, nominations thread (with some guidelines, everyone loves guidelines!) coming soon.

Skeet: nah, that'd be me being petty. people've renounced and come back around before, i cant just start ignoring that now man.

Uh, Doj hasn't repented. He slagged you off from *unnamed location* then came over here toact all high and mighty. How is that in any way shape or form apologising? Seriously what the fuck's he got on you?

Skeet fuck you, i told you exactly why i took a bit of time off, nick pissed me off and we both said shit we didn't mean, now get over yourself you little fucking girl.

didnt say he apologized, but i didnt say he needed to. and if i was gonna burn every one of youse that shat on me at some point over at the knoll, it'd be all fires and no indians, now wouldn't it?

that's right; this year's awards, we're gonna start with drama, and work back from there, to spice things up.

didnt say he apologized, but i didnt say he needed to. and if i was gonna burn every one of youse that shat on me at some point over at the knoll, it'd be all fires and no indians, now wouldn't it?

that's right; this year's awards, we're gonna start with drama, and work back from there, to spice things up.

Me and nick kissed and made up :FHD:

Yeah well fuck that. I'm not as desperate to make this thing look fixed as Nick is. Fuck your FC vision it's all fucking yours, and fuck the Hondies. I'm not making the pretense of leaving as is so fucking popular these days, but this glazing over shit is just insane.

Yeah well fuck that. I'm not as desperate to make this thing look fixed as Nick is. Fuck your FC vision it's all fucking yours, and fuck the Hondies. I'm not making the pretense of leaving as is so fucking popular these days, but this glazing over shit is just insane.

What shit? I had nothing to apologise about, everyone takes breaks from the place, you took a 3 month or so one last year, i didn't hop on your ass about it.

i mean, fuck it. half the knoll thinks all we can export is drama, yes? weve got tons of active members and such right now. rather than letting the awards bring the drama, im going to drop them in the midst of whatever residual shit's left (i really think the religious thing & IP abuse have been cathartic) and we'll either have new exciting holes in the ship, or we'll be brought together s'more, but either way, it'll be entertaining as all hell.

i mean, fuck it. half the knoll thinks all we can export is drama, yes? weve got tons of active members and such right now. rather than letting the awards bring the drama, im going to drop them in the midst of whatever residual shit's left (i really think the religious thing & IP abuse have been cathartic) and we'll either have new exciting holes in the ship, or we'll be brought together s'more, but either way, it'll be entertaining as all hell.

Joel and Ross are half the Knoll? Come now, even you know we're not that small. Asid from one admin or another having to stand over the "Hondonians in Exhile" thread with cattle prods just to keep people from crossing the line everday most of the refuges are just mad at one person or another (usually Jax) which seems to be a common gripe right now for stayers and leavers alike. Otherwise it's just been general and legitimate gripes about things that really can't be helped regardless.

yeah i'd like to think that the hondonians on the knoll are'nt just bringing drama

and i think for the most part, baytor and fdb are happy with those that have began posting on both forums or crossed over

Yeah a forum war was never something I've wanted, I couldn't speak for Sonny's past agenda but I do know we've got no beef with this place now. I mean we both spun off from the same backwoods forum and we're both doing okay right now, the feel's generally different in both places but that's part of its charm. So don't worry we do our best to curb hatreds over there without bringing too much drama and if the place ever gets its site up again you can be sure we'll have a Hondo's banner up on the links page.

haha, i was using hyperbole; i know it wasnt half, just making a point that you know we're being overly dramatic when people on other forums are talking about the bits of drama. i do think hondo's gets a raw stereotype and feel a point of pride in being the apologist when everyone - former members and worse, ones that never seen the place - take their shots, but again, i was surprised the forum war of '06 or whenever was taken seriously; i thought MM's bad mock-ups couldnt be anything but jest and publicity. Nah, seriously, we're like sister sites to me (guess who's the brother? HAW) but nothing but love; point wsa, we should use all the tension (and thereby, attention) we got going right now and have some fun with it.

I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! I've got to be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose! Praise Marty Moose!

haha, i was using hyperbole; i know it wasnt half, just making a point that you know we're being overly dramatic when people on other forums are talking about the bits of drama. i do think hondo's gets a raw stereotype and feel a point of pride in being the apologist when everyone - former members and worse, ones that never seen the place - take their shots, but again, i was surprised the forum war of '06 or whenever was taken seriously; i thought MM's bad mock-ups couldnt be anything but jest and publicity. Nah, seriously, we're like sister sites to me (guess who's the brother? HAW) but nothing but love; point wsa, we should use all the tension (and thereby, attention) we got going right now and have some fun with it.

I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! I've got to be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose! Praise Marty Moose!

yeah that shit was nuts and I don't think it was as much everbody took it serious as MusicManiac MADE it serious but Christ that's a good three months and ten years off the end of my life I'll never get back. The point I'm trying to make is just basically for all the bullshit that gets flung in your general direction we won't be officially cursing your name, that's never been our stance and it never will be.

You serious Clark?

yeah, again, never thought otherwise. i fear i shant update your logo in our links section though for fear that it cant be topped.

shit, ryan, you fucked it up, no one's paying attention now.

what i meant to say was FUCK ALL THOSE KNOLLIANS, AMIRITE?! OUR AWARDS HAVE BIGGER DICKS CAUSE THEYRE ALL LADIES WITH PRETTY PRETTY BONNETS AND THEY SIT DOWN WHEN THY3NHOHBIU398 FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM

uglymut.jpg

ah, good, now that everyone's back: nomination thread goes down to night, wear your finest hat. :villian:

yeah, again, never thought otherwise. i fear i shant update your logo in our links section though for fear that it cant be topped.

Just so long as it links to the site and not some smouldering irradiated crater on the internet that's find with me.

Also uh... you're gay and stuff!

Now I prepare to unleash the fucking fury!

Jesus.jpg

DolphLundgreen.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

right, so with assists from MH & Sen, the ballots are just about finalized, and ill have em posted tonight. i realize the unorthodox "write in your vote" system might cause some drama from people disagreeing or whatnot, but its inevitable. We're grownups, and plus i like the accountability.

Most categories ended with 11 contestants, with the exception of very few, like "Underdog" that coudlnt be broken from 13. Anyway, these're your picks, people, so demand as much as you like from the contestants, and make your vote count! I'm gonna do what i can for the hottest guy/grrl ones for now.

Again: you've got 3 weeks till the ballots close and the winners get announced, hopefully, via podcast.

also, please remember: Your votes cannot be changed once cast, same as it was when they were on a poll. Again, think 'em through, and have fun!

Archived