Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
right, so with assists from MH & Sen, the ballots are just about finalized, and ill have em posted tonight. i realize the unorthodox "write in your vote" system might cause some drama from people disagreeing or whatnot, but its inevitable. We're grownups, and plus i like the accountability.

Most categories ended with 11 contestants, with the exception of very few, like "Underdog" that coudlnt be broken from 13. Anyway, these're your picks, people, so demand as much as you like from the contestants, and make your vote count! I'm gonna do what i can for the hottest guy/grrl ones for now.

Again: you've got 3 weeks till the ballots close and the winners get announced, hopefully, via podcast.

also, please remember: Your votes cannot be changed once cast, same as it was when they were on a poll. Again, think 'em through, and have fun!

At the rate people are voting...3 weeks just might be dragging it...

ive considered that, but honestly, if were gonna pull off this podcast thing, i think that buffer might be more for our learning curve than anything.

also, the trouble i went to with leaving the noms fully open, plus letting these drag their nuts a bit...it leaves little room for fussing about the results, i figure! but yes, if you're saying we might all hate them a little by mid-june, you're likely not wrong.

Are you sure you guys counted right?

I get one nomination for villian and I'm on the ballot?

I get two nominations for hottest (and yes one of them was mine) and I don't make the ballot...

Not that it matters anymore but... just asking.

yeah, i accidentally omitted a few noms that've been repaired since (my fault for doing em all early in the morning after work, was going back & forth between 2 word documents just to proof it), but that's where i think people are getting lost: categories like villain, most people elected the same names so it was a short list - meaning, if there's less than 11 candidates, any name thrown in gets a shot. Now, hottest or underdog had an overwhelmingly large number of names tossed in, so there were a few like that where we had anyone with less than 3 or so votes (there were often multiple people in this group) that had to get left off, cause if not, i cant justify having done the whole headache of having noms totally open this year.

again, im really hoping there's no hard feelings here, cause it was elected by your peers and all. Trust me, even with my votes in, i still couldnt pull off some like having Chief on the ballot for Underdog or Space for rookie.

What day is the podcast going to be? Benny & I would love to be there...

Yeah, lemme know now so I can see how late I can stay. I don't have to be to work until Midnight anyday...

i just saw the vagrant vote in a lot of the awards threads.

now i've nothing against him/her, but is he/she really qualified to vote?

i can't say i've ever seen him/her post post since i joined.

That's a good question. I figured since I was mass mailed by Hondo's that I am "qualified." I suppose IC will weigh in shortly though.

i'm just saying how can you say who's mvp or villain when you have'nt even seen what's happened over the last year.

but please don't misunderstand this, i'm not saying you're not qualified to post.

welcome back.

Thank you. I may hang out for part of the summer, but I'm not sure.

Ah, i see what ASC is saying, but then we'd have to quantify when's the cutoff for members to participate or something. If Jax wants to call in a shrill voter - and i know Vagrant, he's got too much integrity to throw him under a bus & admit it :hulk: - then fair's fair; personally, seeing him back around is cool for me.

Ah, i see what ASC is saying, but then we'd have to quantify when's the cutoff for members to participate or something. If Jax wants to call in a shrill voter - and i know Vagrant, he's got too much integrity to throw him under a bus & admit it :FHD: - then fair's fair; personally, seeing him back around is cool for me.

And Nick likes resurrecting old members from the dead come awards time...I think for Hondies v3.0 & 4.0 I got messaged on MySpace to swing by & vote...so I swung, but only voted on the categories I had an inkling of what was going on (i.e. MH is Nicest FO LYF!!!) and avoided what I didn't have a clue about...

P.S. :FHD: Vagrant!

i do, cause its attractive and a chance to get them back on as regulars. I wish dante'd stay about, and missarah'd see this as well. gonna try to milk myspace a bit more before this is done to woo more around.

We're going into the last week of awards, people, so get your votes in! also, trying to iron out the details for the podcast - we've got more people than we do mics so we're trying to divy up commentators for each award. anyway, should be fun, and there's gonna be a secret special guest star too!

local hondonians wanting to take part: be here at 8pm, we'll close the polls, count the votes & get it planned out. between mine, bishop, newt (?) and arch we should have 4 USB Rock Band mics, we can work it out from there hopefully.

We're going into the last week of awards, people, so get your votes in! also, trying to iron out the details for the podcast - we've got more people than we do mics so we're trying to divy up commentators for each award. anyway, should be fun, and there's gonna be a secret special guest star too!

local hondonians wanting to take part: be here at 8pm, we'll close the polls, count the votes & get it planned out. between mine, bishop, newt (?) and arch we should have 4 USB Rock Band mics, we can work it out from there hopefully.

Saturday, June 21st @ 8pm?

Archived