Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

Y'know I was taking my lack of win this year on the chin with a resigned kind of 'well I cleaned up every other year', but now it's caught on that Ray's finally doing the sigs, and just like the first Hondies I'ma miss out again!! DAMNIT!!

Ray-make me and Jax the same crybaby banner? Please?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's it: last time I take your advice on 'airing out my dissent' Nick. Fuck you, I'm 0/2 on that regard. I'm keeping it inside from now on, where it's healthy and safe.

Oh, and why in the name of all that is holy are we even considering adapting the same clusterfuck system of voting that the Democrats have? We've seen first hand how stupidly convoluted they are, why do we want to invite anymore headache than is inevitably going to happen? What's wrong with a simple 'click for who you want and press 'vote'?

Christ.

that's it: last time I take your advice on 'airing out my dissent' Nick. Fuck you, I'm 0/2 on that regard. I'm keeping it inside from now on, where it's healthy and safe.

calm down, charlie brown: you publicly stated your boycott. im not allowed to say anything about it now? if there's rules, youve got to put them out there first. i just pointed out that this year was my effort and i was hoping everybody'd play along, but i cant make you. No harm done, but i stand by those not participating having no room to bitch is all.

really, its just a bit of fun, and even half-mocking a boycott is fair game.

Oh, and why in the name of all that is holy are we even considering adapting the same clusterfuck system of voting that the Democrats have? We've seen first hand how stupidly convoluted they are, why do we want to invite anymore headache than is inevitably going to happen? What's wrong with a simple 'click for who you want and press 'vote'?

oh, good, we're making it political now.

i honestly thought (and again, up to whoever runs it next year) the idea wasnt bad; itd extend things a bit but if asked, do you think other hondonians might get a chance to vote on the final candidates as well? people could vote for whoever they wanted, and then still have a voice in the final outcome. I didnt say it woudlnt take effort, much like this year's, but again, if someone wants to handle all of that, i say theyre welcome to try.

I do like that we're getting requests for cry banners and such. i think that's like a bat-signal for the fluffies, myself. heh.

Yes, the exclusive voting system of the Democratic Party. Nevermind that 19 of the GOP's contests this season were caucuses, compared to the Democrats 16 caucuses (15 if you don't count Texas for also having a Primary). I'm getting so tired of fact-checking you and never finding that your facts check out.

Caucuses allow for more retail politics, but only in small states. Therefore, a caucus would be well suited to a small online community like Hondo's Bar. That is why I suggested it.

Honestly, you were the one that got so angry about 'notarch' 1 through 12 years back. Have you seen any notarch's voting this year?

And yes, Democrats are most sexy.

2 things I forgot to mention earlier.

1) Nick, despite early hate you did a bang-up job on the awards this year. From one Emcee pariah to another, thank fuck it's over. Piss, then drink.

2) MH- I've said it before and I'll say it again: You are the Hittori Hanzo of sigmakers, I look forward to seeing what you and your apprentices can do this year.

oh, good, we're making it political now.

I'm not, the lackwit that suggested a damned caucus did. Again: the entire system you outline IS a political one.

Yes, the exclusive voting system of the Democratic Party. Nevermind that 19 of the GOP's contests this season were caucuses, compared to the Democrats 16 caucuses (15 if you don't count Texas for also having a Primary). I'm getting so tired of fact-checking you and never finding that your facts check out.

the caucus system the GOP has in those states are called 'straw man votes': basically they go in, write who they want, and go home. It's a caucus in name alone.

Honestly, you were the one that got so angry about 'notarch' 1 through 12 years back. Have you seen any notarch's voting this year?

Mostly because we nipped that at the bud after loudly and excoriating public humiliation.

And this year's award for Thread That No One Thought Could Be Hijacked By an Arch and Jax Cock Fight But Still Was goes to...

before i agree, but now...? C'mon, SiBob, now you're just jumping at shadows. We're specifically talking about the pros and cons about a future voting system for the awards? Because we disagree it's 'hijacking'? Nick himself made it part of the thread when he proposed it, and I happen to think it's a ridiculous idea and cited a real life example on WHY I think it's a BS idea.

So, again, how is this a cock fight?

the caucus system the GOP has in those states are called 'straw man votes': basically they go in, write who they want, and go home. It's a caucus in name alone.

Some are. The West Virgina GOP caucus was an example of a 'real' caucus. McCain supporters actually defected to Huckabee after the first round of votes.

How is it another cock fight?

Oh, and why in the name of all that is holy are we even considering adapting the same clusterfuck system of voting that the Democrats have?

Because that practically has "Jax Bait" watermarked on it.

I'm not, the lackwit that suggested a damned caucus did. Again: the entire system you outline IS a political one.

right, but didnt mean to invite all of this with it. every award ceremony we try little things that're different, adding new ones, taking some away (i sure did). If he takes em next year and proposes such a voting system that still lets everyone get a chance to have the final say - and assuming the idea doesnt go over like a lead balloon - im missing why it wouldnt be worth trying out.

I mean, at this rate, by the 10th awards we'll have every foreseeable idea ironed out and actually have them both simple, fun and fair, in our utopian society.

yes, i have lofty hopes for hondo's of 2013. after the 3rd civil war, the 5 cylons that're still around get along just peachy.

Archived