Hondo's Bar

The King of Kong

me, i go to mininova first (then pirate bay...isohunt is a virus-ridden last resort) cause im greedy and like to download my shit then stop the uploading/seeding before LL and sen fuss. Demonoid is awesome for a lotta things (if youre looking for older games, and cant get onto Black Cat, for instance), but any site keeping a ration makes me nervous. I almost got booted offa Oink for that shit, it was a bitch to seed new shit to stay on.

if you understand seeding & swarms, you know that's not an accurate number. im trying that file right now, and there's 40 available seeders, 10 of which im actually connected to (and that's with azereus/vuze forwarded properly).

that said, its coming in at @ 600kb/s+, holy shit....so you've won this one, sir. nice site.

me, i go to mininova first (then pirate bay...isohunt is a virus-ridden last resort) cause im greedy and like to download my shit then stop the uploading/seeding before LL and sen fuss. Demonoid is awesome for a lotta things (if youre looking for older games, and cant get onto Black Cat, for instance), but any site keeping a ration makes me nervous. I almost got booted offa Oink for that shit, it was a bitch to seed new shit to stay on.

Oink was lame. I'd go there mainly to get harder to find and more obscure music. And I'd keep files seeding for weeks but never get back to a 1:1 ratio b/c all my shit was so obscure no one else was seeking to DL it. If I get something on demonoid I can usually get a 1:1 ratio just by seeding overnight, which is fantastic. PB is my backup, but I'll add mininova to the list.

Man, I've barely mastered navigating Demonoid let alone any other thingies. I haven't had a whole lot of trouble getting what I want off of it.

Nowadays I usually go to demonoid first b/c the comments are always helpful and you rarely come across a torrent that's not done properly (no 128kb/s vbr mp3s or .rar files). Contrary to what newtype wrote, I've found it to be 90% "wanger free."

agreed, oink got lame, but only when they did weird shit like "no more discographies, or live shows" audiophile eletist bullshit. at that point, like you, it became hard as fuck for me to find something i had people wanted that wasnt already up to keep from being booted. still, i found a hundred gigs of rare-ass shit there, and it didnt hurt that i liked sharing with people like reznor, heh. i still mourn the place, but i find most of my music elsehwere...newt's link was pretty good, again.

anyway yeah, dont bother with mininova for comics, but movies & music, check it out, its worth your time.

Archived