Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Down Time?

Stilly

I've noticed that the boards have gone down the past couple nights anywhere from 3-6am CST. Darth Fluffy has noticed it too...

Anyone else noticing it? Are we just crazy? Nick, what's going on, man?

Lazy.

J/K...I did notice that Hondo's was down for a better part of the day yesterday...kinda sucked since I FINALLY was able to have some internet time...oh well. The good thing is that it's up & running now...

A lot of us noticed. I feared a repeat of the Great Crash of '04, and texted Nick frantically when I couldn't get in for the first half of yesterday haha. Thank goodness it's back up now! <3

Those at the Knoll were prolly annoyed with Arch, ASC, and I displaying our woes for Hondo's being down, lol

haha..."ok everyone, when the board's down, let's all meet on pedro's mating-habits thread...break!"

StillB isnt wrong; that makes around 6 or 7AM to wha, 3 or so PM wednesday, and i know it was down again this morning around 7 when i went to bed. no word from invision, im gonna go message them and find out the score.

haha..."ok everyone, when the board's down, let's all meet on pedro's mating-habits thread...break!"

StillB isnt wrong; that makes around 6 or 7AM to wha, 3 or so PM wednesday, and i know it was down again this morning around 7 when i went to bed. no word from invision, im gonna go message them and find out the score.

haha It's so true though...

Invision better have a damned good reason for downtime! haha Or else they'll have an angry lynch mob from around the world swimming, driving, and running to their doorstep, lolz.

eh.

on one hand, you see my constant struggle to keep us alive at 1GB of total space. i almost want to completely disable uploading and tell everyone to use the photobucket account or whatever. our own server would solve more than a few such things.

on the other? i cant pretend i know SQL and what im doing with a lot of this. these guys are on call, they handle shit like upgrades that id likely botch, and the speed we maintain even with hundreds of voyeurs...ive had bad experiences elsewhere. this also leaves out the startup costs of buying our own license for $150+ if we break contract for letting them host us.

i dunno man, it can be done but itd take so much on my end, including shit im simply not a good enough admin to manage solo.

Looks like they had to change the IP address of all accounts on our server. Since it wasnt routinely scheduled, im gonna assume for now it was a security measure. that's the most ive got of an answer.

anyway, as ever, if there's more heavy downtime, someone make sure to let me know so's i can try to get it sorted.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived