Hondo's Bar

G.I. Joe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I say anything otherwise than that? No, I said it was more entertaining than it had any right to be given that it was created by the same people who did Power Rangers and had nothing to do with nearly any other series in conjunction with it.

ok fine, i'll let you off this time

FINE! FEEL MY PAIN!!!

haha and did'nt junker once say the japanese do everything better?

The Japanese Ninja Turtles is amazing if only for the fact that by the and of it New York is completely flooded, and I don't mean a couple of feet of water flooded, I mean like Waterworld flooded.

Anyway ASC, how much TMNT cred can you have when you guys had THIS instead?

Teenage_Mutant_Hero_Turtles_intro.gif

Back to anyone who says GI JOE is overrated, how can you possibly say so when the show gave us THIS:

Anyway ASC, how much TMNT cred can you have when you guys had THIS instead?

Teenage_Mutant_Hero_Turtles_intro.gif

it's just terrible and they did'nt just stop at the name change

from wiki

In the UK, TMNT was released under the name Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (TMHT). This was due to the controversy surrounding ninjas and related weapons such as nunchuks at the time. The intro sequence was heavily edited because of this, replacing the word ninja with hero or fighting, using a digitally faded logo instead of the animated blob, and removing any scenes in which Michealangelo wields his nunchuks, replacing them with random clips from the show.

Rebuttal:

how did this shit pass for kids entertainment? compare this to batman and gargoyles, it's just mind blowing

Rebuttal:

Fuck you!!!!! That's not GI Joe, there are only two GI JOE shows, though i suppose they were the same one, just different seasons.

This one:

And this one:

I'm surprised you didn't put in the worst JOE offender:

Moe Scarlet raped my childhood.

Fuck you!!!!! That's not GI Joe, there are only two GI JOE shows, though i suppose they were the same one, just different seasons.

This one:

And this one:

I'm surprised you didn't put in the worst JOE offender:

Moe Scarlet raped my childhood.

At least once you get past that into Sigma 6 is somewhat watchable, the fights are also good, as for Scarlet, the only thing they did was let her hair down from the ponytail, give her goggles, and gave her more of a southern bell accent. The Baroness is also incredibly fuckable... GI Joe Extreme on the otherhand had absolutely NO redeemable qualities and was pure shit... that I watched most of... I'm not proud of that, but there was nothing else on.

I'm sorry Scarlet should not look like she belongs in fucking middle school. Jesus christ it hurts. Look I do love my anime, but ANIME and GI JOE should never fucking mix. Ever. Oh god, it hurts. That and again, they aren't the real American hero anymore. Fuck that. GI JOE extreme takes the worst of the 90's and makes it JOE, Sigma takes the worst of the 2000's and makes it JOE, wherein, the original is simply the best of the 80s!!!!!!

GO JOE!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Then again, I do have to sya I am amazed you won't make excuses for GI JOE Extreme, considering you will watch a shit smear if they put it on Saturday mornings.

I'm sorry Scarlet should not look like she belongs in fucking middle school. Jesus christ it hurts. Look I do love my anime, but ANIME and GI JOE should never fucking mix. Ever. Oh god, it hurts. That and again, they aren't the real American hero anymore. Fuck that. GI JOE extreme takes the worst of the 90's and makes it JOE, Sigma takes the worst of the 2000's and makes it JOE, wherein, the original is simply the best of the 80s!!!!!!

yeah but the best of the 80's is no better than the worst of the 90's sadly (except me of course)

GO JOE!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Then again, I do have to sya I am amazed you won't make excuses for GI JOE Extreme, considering you will watch a shit smear if they put it on Saturday mornings.

It is just the anime style that makes her look so young, there are also some kids in some of the early episodes (general hawk's son and his classmates) that are suppose to be in middle and high school and you get to see how comparatively old she is... and have you ever thought that no only are they shooting for a younger demographic but that we're also just getting older?

And I do have SOME standards to what I watch on Saturday Mornings... just not many... IT"S CALLED STAYING CURRENT! I'M NOT ASHAMED OF THAT!... really... I'm not... *wimper*... :2T:

I love how everyone's referring to the 80s GI Joe as the "original"

Hey, I had the original mini-comic that came with the toy (never had the toy, thought) about that bearded Joe and his six wheeled amphibious ATV with the crane, so don't give me that "original" crap... and according to Wiki, even that isn't the "original"

Archived