Hondo's Bar

Letters to the editor

The NZA

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A werewolf game...

Right, because what we need around here is more paranoia, wild accusations and voting for people we dont like.

---------------------------------------

Actually, I've always wanted to run a werewolf game and do a modern, night in the city, setting.

I don't play favorites as a Global mod, but SOF is right. One or two more may fit the bill. Although at the moment all Jax and I are really doing is merging threads that need to be merged, helping out the new peoples, etc.

Definitely SoF and Skeet would be awesome to add to the crew!

I'm down for a WW game or anything else! All this drama is draining, lol.

Yes all this drama is draining, but it may turn out in hindsight to be good for this place.

I never said you played favourites (but mods in certain corners might considering the allegations that have been made in this thread), if that was implied i do apologise. You and Jax do a great job, but considering nick may be absent for big chunks again, it makes sense to delegate further, and i'd have no problem stepping in and helping where i can. And i'm sure Skeet would be up for it too.

The words 'monkey' and 'loaded gun' come to mind.

I'm the last person I'd nominate for the job, but the chance to take an even bigger hand in the running of things is too great a (suggested) opportunity to miss, and I like to think I could rise to the challenge. FC by it's nature runs itself and hates authority, and I try to keep spoilers tagged and whatever other housekeeping needs doing in the Fantastic Forum(though Nick DID beat me this morning). Ahdunno, obviously it's Nick's call, but in terms of dividing the country 4-way, I certainly fit as the Mr Rictus of the set. That'd make Nick the Proffesor(Seltzer), Ray the em, Emporer, Jax is most definitely Adam-one leaving SoF to be The Future. Sorry man... :love:

Thing is, we havnet established the need just yet, unless someone cal tell me what theyd bring to the table/have to offer the position; ideally, something they can or want to do not already provided by jax/ray-ray. its basically a position to mod all over until i work out granting limited admin access (for details like approving accounts, handling spammers, minor changes when requested by members etc).

the other thing is, this person would have to:

a) be on quite frequently/regularly to quality

b) illustrate really getting the idea of the board and what it stands for

none of this is beyond any of the names dropped, mind you, but they're important requirements nonetheless.

I'm on the boards all the time...even at work. I actually read all the forums.

I am a mom... but it doesn't mean that I can't do it. I do all of her stuff, plus mine, I still find time to post, and more.

If need be I can do it. Don't worry about the time issue, I make time to get on the boards, I make time to play WoW, I can certainly make time to mod the board.

I can careless about Joel, plus it would be petty to nominate me for that reason. I'd rather be nominated cause I've been here long and I can do the job.

If you don't want me as a mod thats fine too.

If I may make a suggestion I think it's probably best to make any supermods people who fit into the "neutral" category. Somebody who's pretty much universally liked, my vote goes to SilentBob.

Not everyone likes Jax and he's a supermod, so what does having to be universally liked have to do with being a mod.

It should be who can do the job, and not a popularity contest.

Not everyone likes Jax and he's a supermod, so what does having to be universally liked have to do with being a mod.

And you see how that turned out. I don't think it should be a popularity contest, I just think it would be a good idea to have people everybody has at very least a "meh" opinion about. Like Silentbob I don't think anybody here can honestly say they have a problem (except that he's probably more smart/talented than any one of us), thus good choice. Next we have me, hey some people love me, others if we were ever together on a deserted island they would vote to eat me first, thus I am a bad choice.

Are you saying Jax has been a bad supermod? I've never seen him abuse his powers.

Yeah he's driven a few people away but they haven't been during his supermodship, and plus other people haven drive others away too.

And if your referring to the Arch thing... Arch left cause he wanted to in the end.

Are you saying Jax has been a bad supermod? I've never seen him abuse his powers.

Yeah he's driven a few people away but they haven't been during his supermodship, and plus other people haven drive others away too.

And if your referring to the Arch thing... Arch left cause he wanted to in the end.

Well other than the whole looking up IPs for Anonymous, no and even that I am not citing here. But you see how his choices aren't exactly loved by all, I'm saying for the sake of avoiding the inevitable "abuse of power" accusations that I've had to deal with in the past on the Knoll but hey, don't listen to me, what do I know.

Don't side with the lesser evil to prove a point here. It seems dickish. You've never had anything nice to say about Jax(from what I can see) so please don't vaunt the guy to piss off Joel. ANd Baytor caught it, but it needs to be said again: IP checking on a harmless poll constitutes a pretty big violation of powers.

Baytor'd actually be a good choice since he has experience AND has no doubt gotten all his IP-checking inclinations outta his system(just ask Red), but that'd be Roosevelt letting Nazis play keepaway with his wheelchair. I agree with Isa that popularity's got fuck-all to do with getting the job done(the underground says anti-Nick sentiment has been on the rise this last quarter), but Sibob's a universally good choice. He's liked, he understands the tech end of things, and he's not a c___. Exact same can be said for RA(who i'd sooner nominate simply because SB's entire career is based online-would he really wanna take this on as an additional project?) who's already proven a few times to be a two-fisted mod who takes no prisoners but doesn't play favourites.

RA FOR ASIA 08!!!

edit-It felt really bad putting the c-word and RA in the same sentence. Please pardon the profanity ma'am. *tips hat*

Archived