Hondo's Bar

Letters to the editor

The NZA

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was more tongue in cheek man

also i only threw my had in the ring cos i feel we need a continental balance is all.

Nicks criteria makes it sound like a job interview.

I've no axes to grind or agendas

I think these roles are warranted, but at the end of the day nick decides

Don't side with the lesser evil to prove a point here. It seems dickish. You've never had anything nice to say about Jax(from what I can see) so please don't vaunt the guy to piss off Joel. ANd Baytor caught it, but it needs to be said again: IP checking on a harmless poll constitutes a pretty big violation of powers.

I'm not taking sides to piss off anyone. With the exception of the ip checking, which he openly admitted to, he hasn't been a bad mod. And there are plenty of nice things to say about JAX, now that he's not acting like a prick most of the time anymore, (at least not towards me). Plus I haven't said anything bad about him for a long time. Also who set the rules as far as powers go? Nick did right? So if he is in violation thats between Nick and JAX, not the rest of the board. If Nick feels he should repremand him for what he did then so be it.

I'm not taking sides to piss off anyone. With the exception of the ip checking, which he openly admitted to, he hasn't been a bad mod. And there are plenty of nice things to say about JAX, now that he's not acting like a prick most of the time anymore, (at least not towards me). Plus I haven't said anything bad about him for a long time. Also who set the rules as far as powers go? Nick did right? So if he is in violation thats between Nick and JAX, not the rest of the board. If Nick feels he should repremand him for what he did then so be it.

So when he's not dickish to your he's not a dick? Christ I wish most girls had that mentality. And yep, totally right. Us New Scum know our place, Miss Isa. Lawsy I testify I won't make no more trubble for Mr Jax and Mr Nick. I jus' wanna live my days picking cotton and eating watermelon, and occasionally having my privacy invaded by the boss if he needs to prove a point.

You're not even a supermod and you're already taking a shitty fucking approach to power. Sure you got my vote. ;)

And Nick- What issues went unaddressed? I've forgotten.

In a less patornizing (and by association, less funny) manner I'll add to Skeet's point. Yes it's between Nick, but I have seen a forum fall over something as stupid as somebody crying foul when a global mod did their job because what they were doing their job over was an insult (and a breaking of rules I may add) which was directed at them. (Because it's apparently not okay to warn someone for breaking the rules when the reason they were broken was to antagonize that person) now admittedly the place wasn't at its strongest at that point we'd taken a big hit from the king of all douchebags and morale was low and admittedly we rebuilt and one person's back and being good now and the other has pissed off and sometimes if I close my eyes I can still feel their hatred reverberating off the walls. But no less, it's a lot less trouble if you get somebody who's going to say "Hey quit doing that." and everybody will answer "Okay." Not saying skill isn't important but honestly if you can't use the global mod control panel then I'm surprised you were able to log onto the internet or even turn on your computer at all.

skeet - i just meant the bit youve been asking about jax checking anon's IPs, and how he's skillfully sidestepped addressing that.

Should I address it? I thought my avoiding the issue (I addressed it briefly with Jumbie over PM), I was deterring the stupid drama everyone was complaining about. The can of worms just about fully open; I can pull out the frying pan and we can have a feast of it, if you think it's warranted.

I think Joel's the only unloved one eating worms right now. I miss him :birf2:

Nick- it wasn't hypothetical at all. It was another board entirely. Infact I'm pretty sure my friend, this guy who lost his virginity to his mum's vacuum cleaner when he was 13, he's over there too. He told me all about it.

While I suppose your direct insinuation really doesn't count as a hypothetical, just as you've already stated in your usually polite manner, I really could care less about your bad experiences on other message boards in relation to this issue.

I feel perfectly justified in asking the question I did and I am confident in the phrasing as I left it specific enough get the answer I was looking for (personal and petty? no one's said yes) but also vague enough to also get people's opinions on just what exactly constituted abuse of mod powers (checking IP addresses of someone anonymously trying to be an ass-hat; you say yes, I disagree).

And finally, I have a right to ask whatever goddamn question I fucking feel like and you can go fuck yourself if you don't like it. This is exactly the reason someone like you should not have the powers of a mod and why I'm fucking happy that joel's chosen to fuck off for the time being; and if you feel sad and lonely because I shat all over whatever squeaky-clean mental image of him you held oh so near and dear to your heart and cock when I pointed out what kind of petty douche bag he was then you can just keep it to yourself.

While I suppose your direct insinuation really doesn't count as a hypothetical, just as you've already stated in your usually polite manner, I really could care less about your bad experiences on other message boards in relation to this issue.

I feel perfectly justified in asking the question I did and I am confident in the phrasing as I left it specific enough get the answer I was looking for (personal and petty? no one's said yes) but also vague enough to also get people's opinions on just what exactly constituted abuse of mod powers (checking IP addresses of someone anonymously trying to be an ass-hat; you say yes, I disagree).

And finally, I have a right to ask whatever goddamn question I fucking feel like and you can go fuck yourself if you don't like it. This is exactly the reason someone like you should not have the powers of a mod and why I'm fucking happy that joel's chosen to fuck off for the time being; and if you feel sad and lonely because I shat all over whatever squeaky-clean mental image of him you held oh so near and dear to your heart and cock when I pointed out what kind of petty douche bag he was then you can just keep it to yourself.

Is this a case of handbags at dawn for the two of you?

Oh hey, you know what? this is why Joel left and why if this isn't fixed i will too, like right the fuck now. Seriously Nick, you take your most faithful members'posts where they get o/t long enough to drill some well-deserving cunt out, and move, delete, or take disciplinary action otherwise, what the fuck else do you expect. Here's your official fucking notice. My post is restored, and Drifter's moved to FC as well, or I will guarantee you will never, ever see me on here again. This is a blatant insult, and certainly I'll keep in touch with those I wish to off/boards, and will consider myself an honourary Hondonian for life, but dead simple, when I get censored for being out of line while Drifter doesn't? For an equally o/t albeit less offensive post? You're saying you'd rather have Drifter here than me, so fix it or sleep in that pile of shit you created fir yourself.

But seriously though, imagine if Drifter were me, and Drifter posted as much as I do and you went to his wedding. what a bizarro situation that'd be. Drifter and his mum, the priest being the same guy who midwived Mrs D's other 6 miscarriages who now make up the bridal party... Good times, just don't drink the punch.

Man, Skeeter, you really are campaigning for villian of the year, aren't you?

I see where you should have a problem with your post getting crapshacked and the reply to your post, not, but calm down will ya?

A simple PM to Nick to inquire what it is, couldn'ta worked? There are other more mundane explanations than malice you know. Now you've gone and issued ultimatums and backed him into a corner, where he's got to prove that he's his own man, which he might just do by treating you unsympathetically...

(Also, nobody deleted anything of Archangel's, so I don't think the comparison works.)

Wait, it was crapshacked?

Upon investigation, no, it was deleted. Crapshacked or moved to FC I could deal with. I flew off the handle and reacted badly, and to all I apologise, especially Nick. If the matter isn't fixed though, yáll can keep Drifter if you think his posts are of such better quality than mine.

I mean really, 8000 posts about transmet and star trek. Yeh'sda killed the guy or yourselves by this point. God that guy sucks.

Just a thought, if Sig is relinquishing his modship due to him leaving, then i would say there are a number of mods in places which need not be there any longer due to inactivity, eg KoS and the bars.

He's said it a number of times he won't be back, so why is he still down as a mod.

Just its a bit of a inconsistent approach if someone in the heat of the moment has decided to piss off is told he's forfeited his modship to people who've not been round in months/years who still have their foothold.

Just sayin is all.

Archived