Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,

A licky boom boom down.

Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,

A licky boom boom down.

Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,

A licky boom boom down.

Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,

A licky boom boom down.

..ok, so now that all that's done, everyone's ok with jax? his completely-sincere-apology is accepted by all, and he's no doubt regained everyone's trust? we can talk of awards and never this again? aces.

..ok, so now that all that's done, everyone's ok with jax? his completely-sincere-apology is accepted by all, and he's no doubt regained everyone's trust? we can talk of awards and never this again? aces.

I found his apology read as remarkably insincere, if you actually want me to bring shit up and start this ball rolling all over again, you baiting jerk. I was content to just call his apology boring and move on, then it was fun being Dr. G's bitch, and I figured it was best for everybody if we just let it go. But if you want people to talk about it, whatever.

well, maldron (and D Fluff, of course), im all for talk on the matter, im not by any means putting a cease to it, just saying do so if you're gonna, thread's been derailed since his mock-apology, or mockology as i like to call it. But no no, im not saying to keep quiet on the issue by any means if you've things to say.

well, maldron (and D Fluff, of course), im all for talk on the matter, im not by any means putting a cease to it, just saying do so if you're gonna, thread's been derailed since his mock-apology, or mockology as i like to call it. But no no, im not saying to keep quiet on the issue by any means if you've things to say.

I said it already. It cost me $8.46, and that's not counting the cost of the dog collar she made me buy myself. Said I wasn't good enough to claim, blah blah, etcetera.

His apology was so blatantly not one I don't think it needs to be pointed out. I think what's been said regarding what happened has been said already, and there isn't much more to add, especially if he has no intention of apologizing. Personally, I don't even think the forum goers at large should have any say as to how that flagrant lack of concern is addressed.

Personally, I don't even think the forum goers at large should have any say as to how that flagrant lack of concern is addressed.

well, if im reading that right, then yeah i agree, i cant modify behavior that way. However, the issue (i thought) was just having numerous hondonians chastise jax for this action, and whether or not he agrees or is somehow secretly remorseful (...), people's faith in the action not being repeated, that was the crux.

well, if im reading that right, then yeah i agree, i cant modify behavior that way. However, the issue (i thought) was just having numerous hondonians chastise jax for this action, and whether or not he agrees or is somehow secretly remorseful (...), people's faith in the action not being repeated, that was the crux.

Their faith in the repetition? Between his inability to find any ethical fault with searching up an assumption about a guy he doesn't like, his steadfast refusal to apologize, and his occasional joking about doing it again that took place in this topic, I have every faith that the action will be repeated if the circumstances present themselves again.

Don't fear, I've waited this long just to see what the big deal was, so I'm really not too invested one way or the other.

If a person in authority is willing to break the spirit of the rules and thus abuse said authority, knowingly and without approval, sees the uproar it creates and not only still believes he was in the right but makes a mock apology which basically adds up to a massive 'fuck you' to everyone here...doesn't that pretty much speak against his trustworthyness as a mod?

I thought, and still believe, that Jax is a good Mod, and is perhaps one of the best suited to be a Super Mod...but if he is incapable of even owning up to the fact, honestly owning up to the fact, that he was dead wrong and abused his authority just so he can grind his axe and has specifically said he saw nothing wrong, then it isn't a giant leap of logic to say he would most likely either commit the same abuse in similar circumstances or, taking the next step, breach whatever other unspoken rule exists which he can later justify.

Do I trust Jax to not do this again? No, I don't. I know him, and know he WILL do so again, though in the future he probably wont admit it. So it basically comes down to three things:

a. we either accept that he's going to eventually do something dickish again which we may never know about that's a flagrant abuse of power

b. remove his super-modding powers (which I'm opposed to)

c. make the ability transparant to the community, so they know exactly what it is a mod has done when he uses his power, not just the Super Mods but all mods. Whenever an action is taken, they should tell everyone 'hey, x action was taken'.

barring that, since we're working on an honor system for, say, IP checking, Nick blocks the IP checking ability to only Administrator.

Sam:

To adress your accusations which you never approached me with directly. Yes, I Crap Shacked your posts in the Justice Thomas thread. When I started that thread, I specifically said I wanted it to remain on topic and free of clutter because I wanted to determine certain opinions. It was, at the time, part of a research paper I was doing for a class of mine. After you tried to trash the thread not once, not twice, but multiple times, I asked Nick if I could Crap Shack those posts and he said ok. What i did was not only within the rules but specifically sanctioned by Nick. In the future, unless you know precisely what happened, I caution against making baseless accusations that make you look like a Jack-ass when the reality of it is revealed.

c. make the ability transparant to the community, so they know exactly what it is a mod has done when he uses his power, not just the Super Mods but all mods. Whenever an action is taken, they should tell everyone 'hey, x action was taken'.

barring that, since we're working on an honor system for, say, IP checking, Nick blocks the IP checking ability to only Administrator.

well, there's a mod & admin log for their actions that i dont check nearly often enough, but its in the admin control panel and i cant change that, dont know that itd be the best idea if i could to be honest.

if i removed his user group's ability to view IPs that means Ray-ray too and frankly i need both of them to have that option if shit goes south, as i might not be around later this year. more importantly, though, is the option you left off of us establishing what itd take to trust jax to not do this again.

more importantly, though, is the option you left off of us establishing what itd take to trust jax to not do this again.

If trust of that is an issue, I don't see how it can be fixed. He has already said that if he had thought it was wrong, he wouldn't have mentioned doing it. He still doesn't think it was wrong, and at this stage, if he said he was sorry (a real apology, not what he posted earlier), I don't think I'd believe him.

Archived