Hondo's Bar

Misuse of Mod Power to view IPs

Reverend Jax

Alright, I was talking to Nick, and he wanted me to make another apology because even though my first apology was sincere (though obviously spiced with humor), several people here didn't seem to think it was. I was reluctant for two reasons.

1) I felt that the whole point of my humorous apology was to send the message that I was sorry, but I'm not going to take this over-blown nonsense seriously, and neither should anyone else.

2) I felt that arch was just spearheading his campaign to get be to apologize just so he could further rally his inane campaign of personal destruction. I feel he just wants me to apologize so he can throw in back in my face and claim that even I admitted to unethical behavior. He's a cock-and-ball merchant and I won't play his game and be e-bullied by his pathetic ass.

But, I realize people here sincerely believe I cannot be trusted. So I ask everyone except arch (I don't give two shits if him) to please accept my apology, and know that I had no malicious intent, I just didn't really think about whether my actions were unethical or not, but I will take more ethical consideration when using mod powers.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really didn't think thread was serious anymore. i mean I haven't lost any sleep over jax doing anything. But I do want my ding dongs still.

overall, in conclusion, I'm not even sure what anyone was supposed to be pissed about. fucking cake!!

and yeah, the first apology was fine, this whole 'sincere' b.s. is just another way to drag the bullshit out.

and you guys call ME the paranoid one?

No, Jax. I did NOT want you to apologize, because I felt you didn't mean it, and I don't believe it's fair to make you apologize for something you honestly felt wasn't wrong.

However, because you're in a position of power and abused it, even though you don't believe you did, I felt it was important to set some paramaters to prevent this sort of thing from hapening again.

Not once did I demand for you to apologize. Not one did I ask for your head on a spike. Hell, i even specifically said I'd be 100% against that, since I backed you for the job in the first place.

So really, quite jumping at shadows. Just because you make it your point to strike at me every chance you get doesn't mean I do, too. My posts here were speicifically motivated, and they weren't about YOU specifically. I even said as much.

• 10 months later...

it's bullshit on multiple levels:

1. Trolls are not the same as active posters. If a person posts a relevant topic in Politics, it will stay there.

2. I ONLY move posts/threads when they stop belonging in politics.

3. This is a personal attack and, as such, specifically constitutes abuse of modship powers on Jax's behalf, who appears to be no stranger to abusing modship powers.

So this is quite simple: restore the thread back where it belongs, Jax, I or I will fight fire with fire.

it's bullshit on multiple levels:

1. Trolls are not the same as active posters. If a person posts a relevant topic in Politics, it will stay there.

2. I ONLY move posts/threads when they stop belonging in politics.

3. This is a personal attack and, as such, specifically constitutes abuse of modship powers on Jax's behalf, who appears to be no stranger to abusing modship powers.

So this is quite simple: restore the thread back where it belongs, Jax, I or I will fight fire with fire.

What does this have to do with viewing IPs?

• 7 months later...

Archived