Hondo's Bar

Best Heavy Metal Band

Best Heavy Metal Band  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah well if what was once R&B is now rock and roll and what was once rock and roll is now country then that no longer translates.

don't know what you mean. you know, even though sinatra sounds like pop music to me. ok so maybe it's not modern day pop music, but for that era, yes, it was pop music. it's not always how it sounds. you ask anyone, "heard of frank sinatra?" they'll say yes. you ask someone if they've heard of thelonius monk, different answer.

it's like green day and usher, both considered pop. both sound different

Is Thelonius Monk Usher in this analogy?

No ASC, I'm not happy.

VH1's 40 Greatest Metal Songs Of All Time

#4) Back in Black

#24) Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Only other bands to have two songs on the list: Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, & Anthrax.

MTV Greatest Metal Bands

#7) AC/DC

Edited by Reverend Jax

Is Thelonius Monk Usher in this analogy?

No ASC, I'm not happy.

VH1's 40 Greatest Metal Songs Of All Time

#4) Back in Black

#24) Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Only other bands to have two songs on the list: Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, & Anthrax.

MTV Greatest Metal Bands

#7) AC/DC

This comming from sources that don't even play music (or at least hardly at all) anymore.

Yar. I'm not going by that.

Oh hay! where's mah Danzing?

The Ramones are not metal. they're considered 'punk', whatever that means anymore.

Country to me (or at least the modern country) is more like pop now than bluegrass.

don't know what you mean. you know, even though sinatra sounds like pop music to me. ok so maybe it's not modern day pop music, but for that era, yes, it was pop music. it's not always how it sounds. you ask anyone, "heard of frank sinatra?" they'll say yes. you ask someone if they've heard of thelonius monk, different answer.

it's like green day and usher, both considered pop. both sound different

Yeah but the whole argument here is that bands like AC/DC, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper's early stuf isn't metal because it doesn't sound like what metal sounds like now. As genres change music that made that genre doesn't fit into it anymore, pretty much all southern rock is now considered country. I mean shit, the Eagles have been at the top of the country music charts.

mainly 14 year olds listen to metal.

You bewilder me, you fight with rational thinking for music that you like even if it's not popular then you make sweeping generalities about other things. Your brain is complicated, like trigonometry complicated, only not in a "I'm getting smarter by figuring it out" way, more like a "My brain tumor grew 3 sizes today!" way.