Hondo's Bar

Dear god! Why? WHY?!

just like v for vendetta

V kept the tone and was very faithful to the book, the only big turn it took was making the story more about the hero V and less about the politics which sounds like a bad idea but it worked better for the movie, the movie inspires me, the book never managed to do this. For I Am Legend, think of it more as what went down with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I Am Legend would've been okay if 2 things happened. 1) They used either better CG or real people for the vampies, and 2) if they'd kept the original ending.

The original ending involved much like in the book the monsters turned out to be thinking, logical, beings and Will Smith was their monster that crept in the shadows and tried to kill them. That was the point of the book and the title, he was the legend, the bedtime story that the vampires told their children that he would come get them if they weren't good.

The ending that test audiences liked better

involved Will Smith blowing a hand grenade up right next to his face and kill all the savage monsters. That's all well and good but aside from missing the point entirely it also made all the build-up hinting that the vampires were actually intelligent as well as not monsters was thrown to the fucking wind.

The original ending appears on the DVD as the controversial ending because apparently it's controversial to make piece rather than

blowing shit up

Archived