Hondo's Bar

One Piece!

MetalHeart

I tried searching for a One Piece thread, but couldn't find one.... my apologies if there is already one!

I'm thinking of rewatching the entire series in my free time... (I've got a lot of it lately). I missed a few arcs here and there (I completely missed when Robin and Chopper joined the group, and the Desert one) so it would be cool just to rewatch it and refresh my memory... and then catch up on the ones I missed while I wait for new eps to come out.

I've seen all the movies currently out, which is cool because some of them go back over certain characters backstories and filled me in on a few of the arcs that I missed.

Currently my favorite arc is the Water Seven one, and my favorite crewmember is Franky :groucho: He's totally awesome. The arc they are currently in is on this ghost island with Zombies. I won't go much into it, but there is another cool character that will hopefully join the crew!! I'm so excited if he does. Currently Luffy wants him to join. He's a talking skeleton with an Afro, and a cane-sword! Totally awesome.

If you've never heard of One Piece, or never watched it, here is what it's about:

One Piece on Wikipedia

One Piece (ワンピース, Wan Pīsu) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda, with an anime adaptation produced by Toei Animation. It focuses on a ragtag crew of heroic pirates, formed and led by Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy's greatest ambition is to obtain the world's ultimate treasure, One Piece, and become Pirate King.

A boy named Monkey D. Luffy, inspired by his childhood hero Red-Haired Shanks, sets out on his journey to find One Piece and be the new Pirate King, with a powerful crew to back him up. To accomplish this, he must reach the end of the most deadly and dangerous ocean: The Grand Line.

It's already to episode 354 (fan-subbed), and has yet to get old. At times long battles can seem to drag on, but usually it's not enough to make you annoyed or irritated. The characters are amazing... you really feel for them and feel like you know them, you care for their well being, etc. The story is just totally amazing. and it's super cool that they are so far into it, and they are still gathering crew members and still have many more adventures and hurdles to jump through before making it to the end.

Anyhow, I recommend this show to anyone I know!!

You can watch the episodes streaming, or download them as well. Streaming would prolly be easier for the the first chunk of episodes though... all you gotta do is set it up to play, then hit F11 to make the window bigger. <3

For streaming and downloads, I recommend Instantz Noob Productions

INP uses Veoh for streaming, and there is some drama regarding certain countries getting blocked... So if any of you are in the following coutries:

Veoh Blocked list:

- Indonesia

- Malaysia

- Chile

- Dominican Republic

- Brazil

- Argentina

- Jamaica

- Costa Rica

- Venezuela

- Guatemala

- Puerto Rico

- Antigua

- Barbuda

- Malta

- Trinidad and Tobago

- Lithuania

- Romania

- United Arab Emirates

...then you may not be able to stream.

EDIT/UPDATE JULY-5-2008

For whatever reason, the episodes linked to Veoh on Instantz.net aren't playing/streaming. Even if I go to Veoh directly I can only find French subs, lol.... soooo if you are a demonoid user, You can get 1-300 HERE. Which is a fuckton.

You can also get 1-50, 51-100, 101-150, 151-200.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA RIGHT?!! OMGGG I can't stand the American voice acting from 4kids. Ly told me that Funimation picked it up. I'll have to double check, but that they will be making changes fo sho.

haha they turned him to "Captain Steam". Retarded. And then Sanji doesn't smoke, he just sucks on a lot of lollipops lololomg. Terrible.

The 4Kids episodes are horrid. Absolutely horrid. Seriously, terrible dub voices aside (what the hell did they do to Sanji's voice?!), I wish they'd actual watch a series before deciding that it'd be good for children (seriously it doesn't even take long to figure that out. By episode 4 they do Luffy's backstory, and

a man is shown getting shot in the head. At point blank range

).

Once Funimation picked it up from 4Kids, they started fixing some things. Don't think its on Cartoon Network any more, or else they're waiting for Funi yto catch up more on translations.

I highly recommend fansubs for this series, at least I do until I see more of what Funimation's done with it.

strip417kingofpiratexe0.jpg

Also, I am the King of Pirate!

Also, I am the King of Pirate!

You are such a lying liar face! I AM THE KING OF PIRATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*breathes deep* Now then.

I absolutely could not STAND Sanji's 4kids voice actor! Made me wanna hop on board, grab him my his curly eyebrows and throw him over. Can't wait to see what Funimation does with it!

Yeah, my friend hated the 4kids dub, but was happy when funimation picked it up and decided to redo the whole shebang. They actually did a translated version of the opening song as opposed to that pirate rap, which was perhaps the only part of the 4kids show I enjoyed. And that was before they tried to force every character into the fucking song, mind you.

New Opening.

I think i said it somewhere else...

THIS is exactly what I think of the shitty TV versions of great animes:

050418.jpg

Love VG cats!! More than CAD these days...

VG Cats for the win!!

Started my re-watchings today. Got to episode 15 (I started late in the day). Even though I've watched most of them before, they are still so exciting!! Also it's been about 5 years, so... yeah, haha. Good stuff!

The past three or four days I've been re-watching One Piece. Even from the first episode, you're sucked into the world and you love it! I really don't know how 4kids took to it... I mean, in Nami's home island (when they are fighting the Alrong Mermen Pirates) just seeing the emotional break down of Nami and Usopp (in their respective occasions) it's just like... holy shit. You just watch with your jaw dropped... so amazing. Such a great story!!

I finally got to the first chunk of episodes that I haven't seen (finished ep 55 this morning) so I'm really excited to watch it now. I know I come back in at some point, then I missed some more before coming back into the lastest eps. I'm averaging about 14 episodes per day. If I keep up at this rate, I should have had it rewatched by early July. If I keep up with my current rate, lolz. I really cant' wait to watch the Water7/Enies Lobby arcs!! Which I made a mistake. I consider the Enies Lobby apart of Water 7 for some reason, but they are both technically two seperate things I guess. They are both my favorite!! Lovelovelove.

Right now it's the Kaizoku group's. We're watching them streaming from the Veoh links off of InstantzNoobs. I haven't watched a whole lot more this past week since we were gone the past four days, but I left off around 150 or so. Tonight we're gonna watch the new ep(s) that have come out, then resume re-watching! <333

Archived