Hondo's Bar

One Piece!

MetalHeart

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 185 now I believe.

I'm averaging about 14 episodes per day. If I keep up at this rate, I should have had it rewatched by early July. If I keep up with my current rate, lolz.

Damn, I should've been done by now, lolz. I feel off the wagon, and I'm only watching about 5 eps per day now if I watch any at all. Blah. My goal is to finish it all by the time we move, which will be in one month.

awh, my typos fail me.

"You're right! I did finish DOWNLOADING the final episode to the third season Gokusen Liveaction. I should watch it!!"

Anyhow, I really do have a lot of anime on my plate at the moment. Truth be told, I'm a little overwhelmed, lol

awh, my typos fail me.

"You're right! I did finish DOWNLOADING the final episode to the third season Gokusen Liveaction. I should watch it!!"

Anyhow, I really do have a lot of anime on my plate at the moment. Truth be told, I'm a little overwhelmed, lol

CJ has time. :misty:

He also wakes up before I do, sneaks out of bed and watches them. He's that dirty, lolz!

PS and while I don't have much of an excuse now, he wasn't working for 8 months and I was, so he would watch anime ALL DAY while I was gone. And I would miss out on a lot of stuff, because I usually watch anime when I'm with him (unless it's One Piece these days). Now I don't have an excuse, but I'm nice and always prefer to wait for him.

sadly i thing that untill we finish re watching one piece rachael probly wont watch any other anime because shes totaly in fangirl mode. which is cool that she cares for something i like just as much as i do if not more. i even like watching the 4kids dub it makes me feel like a 5 yr old kid on crack and nitrous. the voices are so bad its even worse that when they got a transsexual my little pony thats in puberity to do sailor moons voice back in the day.

• 10 months later...

I was caught up before we moved back from kerrville, then had about 20 or 30 eps to catch up on when we got internet again. Well, We're caught up already and I'm bitching at least twice daily now that 403 needs to come out, lol. (Or whatever the new ep is going to be, lol). UGH.....

At any rate, enjoy this quiz!

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/result/765039/577681/

My results:

You are: Chopper-type.

1044492565_t-chopper.jpg

Analysis:

You feel a craving for love, affection, and attention. However, for some reason, you.are so convinced that you're unlovable that you try to shut others out. This confuses people around you, because, guess what? You're just about the cutest thing since the Easter Bunny and the sweetest thing since C&H. For some reason everyone knows it but you. People love your kindness and your willingness to care for others. Why not let them return the favor sometime?

You are very innocent and shy. Sex is not as important to you as friendship and affection in general, and ultimately you find snuggling up with a loved one the most fulfilling of any activity. You love having attention and care, for instance, having your hair brushed, your nails done, or being bathed. Little things like that become very intimate and meaningful to you. As well they should be-- it's hard to earn your trust, and if you let someone close enough to you to clean your ears with one of those little poky sticks it says a lot about how you feel for them.

You are most compatible with: A Luffy-type has the same sort of feelings about friendship and love being the same as you. A Sanji-type would give you all the love and attention you crave, too..

Advice: Let someone make you their little teddy bear.

quidget.swf?q_id=765039&q_type=quizzes

Soooooooo shit.....

Taken from the LJ community:

http://community.livejournal.com/one_piece/947255.html

For the love of...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...ore-japan-debut

So you all know that OP simulcast that FUNimation was going to be putting up on their website? Well, according to Anime News Network, it seems like some anonymous party found a copy of episode 403 and start distributing it.

It's bad for FUNimation, but it's equally bad for Japan, who haven't even broadcasted this episode and are supposed to do that tomorrow.

FUNi decided to upload episode 403 on their website early, but currently all videos on our hold due to "technical issues".

...I can't believe someone had to go and mess this up.

(If this is not allowed, then I will delete this.)

Protected Entry, so unless you're apart of the community you can't view it, but here it is anyhow!:

http://community.livejournal.com/one_piece/947479.html

]As anime fans know, FUNimation Entertainment and Toei Animation had planned for the first ever online simulcast of the series ‘One Piece’ tonight at 9:00 pm CDT., just one hour after its premiere on Japan 's Fuji Television. Unfortunately, in the last 24 hours we have determined that the FUNimation servers were compromised, even though we employ strict security standards. An unknown individual accessed and posted episode 403 online and as a direct result of this illegal act, all U.S. and Canadian fans will be deprived of access to this great anime series for the immediate future. We will make every effort to locate and prosecute the perpetrator(s) to the fullest extent of the law and will provide updates regarding this most serious matter.[/i]

tl;dr version of the news is this - Some impatient, dumb ass went and possibly ruined One Piece's future in the US and Canada. They found the Japanese episode that was to air today on FUNi's servers and leaked it to the internet yesterday. Thanks to that, Fuji TV and Toei Animation are pissed. FUNi's looking into finding the source and is going to sue his/her/their ass(es) to high hell.

Whoever it was couldn't wait a full day and just pretty much ruined what COULD have been one of the best things ever done by FUNi.

http://community.livejournal.com/one_piece/948084.html

More Simulcast Issues

Hate to bring more bad news, but info is info, and possibly helpful info.

One Piece was also set to air on Hulu and Joost, though not as quickly as was set on OPO. Hulu was set to have not only the newest episodes, but 2 episodes from the archives each week. At first (here's the cache), only episode 391 was removed, but soon after the whole One Piece area was taken down. Joost's channel remains, but was replaced by a notice stating "Sorry, this channel is not available in your country."

Now, what's significant about Hulu's episode removal, is that they got the episodes via Toei, not Toei-->Funimation, so I think it's safe to say Toei is pretty mad at us. This sucks, because if they were to lighten up and understand that accidents happen, we may still have gotten the One Piece episodes 1-2 weeks later like Hulu does for the Fullmetal Alchemist simulcast (which, BTW, is also suffering due to the One Piece fiasco. UGH.).

IMO, I say we should start focussing on Toei if we want the simulcast back. Contact them as fans and ask them to forgive Funi, ya know? A bit slim, but wrth a shot. Anybody have their contact info?

Anyways, that's the long and short of it. I hope stuff gets resolved soon :(

Updates, many thanks to the One Piece LJ community for keeping me in-the-know!

Source

They basically talk about what's happened, what they plan on doing to boost security, their plans on taking who they suspect to be responsible to court over all this, how it affects the other companies involved and what not.

Unfortunately, we still don't have an update on the situation regarding One Piece's status.

• 2 months later...

Im still trying to get a good deal and buy at least the first 20 tankoubons to start reading. In the meantime, One Piece fans start to warm your engines for the 10th movie of One Piece: Strong World.

What is known about the film is that it is an original story by Eiichiro Oda and is set between the Thriller Bark and Sabaody arcs as Brook is shown alongside the other Straw Hats, making this his first movie appearance. Sengoku, Garp, Shanks and Whitebeard are revealed to be in the film as well.

The movie seems to focus on Nami, who looks to have gotten herself into a situation and possibly forced to leave the Straw Hats once again to join the enemy. In this case, a figure named Kinjishi who, judging by the room the Straw Hats busted into, may be some sort of organization leader. The movie also seem to deal with a "Crystal" ship log.

Im still trying to get a good deal and buy at least the first 20 tankoubons to start reading. In the meantime, One Piece fans start to warm your engines for the 10th movie of One Piece: Strong World.

Which version of the manga are you getting?

Also, I need to see the other movies first, but I'll definately be seeing this one. :???:

Archived