Hondo's Bar

noise

Lorelei

Again, I'm fully acknowledging that noise music is firmly within the area of modern art. More likely postmodern. Not reminiscent of, but a part of, postmodern art. My defenses of modern art can be read in previous posts and my feelings that dismissing an huge, influential, established area of art seems a bit narrow minded have also been stated. What I think is kind of alarming really is how many people have stated "Noise is like modern art" as if that is a criticism and not simply a description.

Using the term "modern art" as an insult is what disturbs me. It is not a given that everyone thinks modern art is worthless.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, I'm fully acknowledging that noise music is firmly within the area of modern art. More likely postmodern. Not reminiscent of, but a part of, postmodern art. My defenses of modern art can be read in previous posts and my feelings that dismissing an huge, influential, established area of art seems a bit narrow minded have also been stated. What I think is kind of alarming really is how many people have stated "Noise is like modern art" as if that is a criticism and not simply a description.

Using the term "modern art" as an insult is what disturbs me. It is not a given that everyone thinks modern art is worthless.

not all modern art, some.

when i said "modern art" in this thread, i mean the parts of it i did'nt like

dali my favourite artist is a modern artist

Well, that's actually why I keep trying to make sure everyone's aware that noise and such is much closer to postmodern art, IMO. I guess a lot of it could be akin to abstract impressionism or something like that, but I think it has a lot more in common with postmodern ideas such as addressing it's own form, etc etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

that particular song Sunn O))) did had vocals in

what confuses you about my concept of noise? there's harsh noise like merzbow and masonna, experimental stuff like john cage, noise rock like sonic youth, noisecore/speedcore, etc

Archived