Hondo's Bar

signatures

alive she cried

sigs  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had sig's turned off for ages mainly because of the lengths and also because I have the board set to 40 post pp. That's a helluva lot of scrolling when Jax in on a page, but I think that 500 is good & comfy, even for me. Lord knows I'd love to see some sig's again...

I think 2,348 would be best, but I can live with 2,348.

its compromises like that that make the world something something.

arch's idea wasnt bad, poll's been turned into a multiple choice now. thanks stillb for the reference chart - honestly, im kinda with the 400 crowd; more than that and you can do as you please but at least its optional.

Um...it's possible, but it would require some database manipulation, I'm sure.

Anyway, if we could try to wrap this up by monday night/tuesday, that would be great. That's the next time I have any kind of time off, and I could put it into effect.

damn, still no consensus here. shit.

ASC, those unhappy with 400, your sig's still visible at higher sizes, just needs some scrolling! why no good?

because i really can't see anybody taking the time to scroll down, so essentially, i feel we'll be restricted to sigs of a length of 400.

i know if i/we lose this debate i certainly won't make a sig longer than 400, i don't see the point.

it's unfair, especially when you compare the length of what i'm proposing to the length of jax's sig.

600 is just a big enough canvas to be creative, and nowhere near big enough to cause uproar, like if jax and lottie and everyone else who had long sigs had em at 600, i really don't think iframes would be installed right now.

aw, ASC, you cant use Jax's ridiculous sig as anything here, cmon now!

thing is, i cant control what people do with options. they could very well scroll thorugh a sig if curious and what youve got seems interesting, and after that, not be subjected to it every single new thread/page you post if they dont want to...i figure it worked as an option.

my issue with 600 is, take a look:

1212982847.jpg

i understand 800x600 to be something of a default, i use a lower rez personally.

at 600, theyre scrolling down an entire page and there's still signature there. again, if that's the case, why iframe them at all? pretending jax's/lottie's sigs was the same size as yours, we're still back where we started, hitting page down possibly twice to get to the next post. in essence, i dont think we've gotten anywhere with that.

Archived