Hondo's Bar

greg land(and Tim Bradstreet the hack fuck) is a plagiarist?

to the haters of pac-Grimm, see below

155427-10379-111752-1-ultimate-fantastic-f_super.jpg

IS THIS WHAT YOU'D PREFER?!?!

Seriously though, rereading his contribution to UFF, the stuff he's clearly not tracing you just don't understand how he gets work. It takes a lot to make Ultimate Cap look retarded.

Edited by The JZA

• 4 months later...

Thank you. More specifically for the Tim Bradstreet stuff. I recently rediscovered comics and have been catching up on the Hellblazer series and enjoying it immensely. Then I get to an issue with a Tim Bradstreet cover and even worse, his art inside. Firstly itjust looks like someone has taken a bunch of photos and applied a photoshop filter to them. Secondly the model for John Constantine looks like the original guy from the Lonely Planet tv show with a perm. Even though it was written by Warren Ellis i couldn't finish it as my heart rate had soared with rage. It's a disgrace that people like this actually take work from genuine cartoonists. I haven't come across Greg Land's stuff yet but when i do, I'll cry.

My first inkling that there were cretins doing this was the Ex Machina artwork

Thanks for venting

• Upvote 2

:welcome:

Yes! We need MORE comic book people around.

I can tolerate the style, Ex Machina especially never really bothered me, but it's just soulless, y'know? I don't think it says much about an "artist".

Now, if someone wasn't claiming to be an artist, I think it could probably be a good way to make a "by any means" comic book. It just bothers me that these guys get praised so much.

Ex Macina is very easily the best possible example of this kind of artwork. It still had that traced look but all the same characters looks A) like different people and B) like the same character from panel to panel. And I support anyone who hates Tim Bradstreet's art, you are a good person sir, assuming you aren't another Logan troll.

If you can think of an easier way to get Jumbie to paypal me rent money, I'd like to hear it.

Also, the thing about Tony Harris (Ex Machina) is he's straight up about it. He shows his "cast" and says "Hey, I get these people to pose and then I trace them and add a wonky earpiece". He gets the job done. He isn't swiping shit and trying to pass it off as his brilliance.

If you can think of an easier way to get Jumbie to paypal me rent money, I'd like to hear it.

Post over 10000 as Thelogan and I'll buy you your own condo!

I got it all lined up, too This high muckety muck at Bank of America said he'd hook me up with easy payments and everything.

I intend to stick around - I have needs when it comes to discussing comic books.

Thanks for all the replies even the ones I have no hope of understanding.

OMG! Hellblazer fan.

*Sqwuueee!!*

My new BFF is here! :pant: :pant: :pant:

Okay, act cool...

Hey, Mrdukey, wanna hang out sometime? You could come home and meet my mother.

You may or may not be fortunate that I just read Brian Azzarello's first issue of Hellblazer last night. Where he is a noob in the joint and a large black man tells him he 'needs friends in here'.........

Ex Macina is very easily the best possible example of this kind of artwork. It still had that traced look but all the same characters looks A) like different people and B) like the same character from panel to panel.

It didn't have the same rage inducing impact on me as Mr Bradstreet, that's for sure.

And I support anyone who hates Tim Bradstreet's art, you are a good person sir, assuming you aren't another Logan troll.

I try to be. I only hate Tim Bradstreet and bureaucrats.

. You may or may not be fortunate that I just read Brian Azzarello's first issue of Hellblazer last night. Where he is a noob in the joint and a large black man tells him he 'needs friends in here'.........

Freezes Over was before that, surely. I love the hell out of Azzarello's style but that prison arc kind of felt shoehorned in despite how articulately he smoothed it into the bigger frame of reference. Freezes over and uh, *consults bookshelf* High Water(hey, both reference Hell! Just connected that). But lemme know how you went with Hard Time! Brian could stand to do more Prison stuff(see also: 100 Bullets & possibly Gangland).

Freezes Over was before that, surely. I love the hell out of Azzarello's style but that prison arc kind of felt shoehorned in despite how articulately he smoothed it into the bigger frame of reference. Freezes over and uh, *consults bookshelf* High Water(hey, both reference Hell! Just connected that). But lemme know how you went with Hard Time! Brian could stand to do more Prison stuff(see also: 100 Bullets & possibly Gangland).

Nahh i just checked my stack and Freezes Over comes a bit later. I liked Hard Times in the end. I find it a bit irritating when Azzarello imitates Rosie Perez in print but it turned out ok.

Can I ask you you're feelings to Paul Jenkins run on the series?

Heh. Paul Jenkins to me is very hit & miss. I haven't read his Hellblazer stuff but historically I've not read it in a continuous run but just happened upon particular arcs and creative teams- Ennis & Delano's run was what put me onto Preacher, Azzarello's onto 100 Bullets and so forth. I read some of Mike Carey's stuff and it was okay despite not being a big fan of his. I have the entire series digitally, so I just have to sit down at some point and wade on through irrespective of creative team.

And you're totally right. NOT only did I try to correct something I was wrong about but my bookshelf is clearly out of chronological order. DOUBLE FAIL.

Edited by The JZA

Jenkins did some fine work for marvel - inhumans, wolvy: origins, sentry etc.

i still think i like ennis' run on Hellblazer best, it was a giant cohesive story...Ellis didn't get to do that, and azarello was enjoyable but spotty (see also: mike carey).

The Jenkins run was when he went to Australia right? among other things?

I enjoyed that run a lot. In fact, I think it was where I lost my Hellblazer virginity. (Well, maybe not. I did encounter Constantine for the first time in the Books of Magic mini.) I think there's an issue in there with a ghost pilot that I really enjoyed and one called Widdershins too that was kind of fun. I may be remembering wrong on all this... Actually been a while since I read this stuff and the issues are all locked in boxes until I have more rack space in the library.

The Jenkins run was when he went to Australia right? among other things?

I enjoyed that run a lot. In fact, I think it was where I lost my Hellblazer virginity. (Well, maybe not. I did encounter Constantine for the first time in the Books of Magic mini.) I think there's an issue in there with a ghost pilot that I really enjoyed and one called Widdershins too that was kind of fun. I may be remembering wrong on all this... Actually been a while since I read this stuff and the issues are all locked in boxes until I have more rack space in the library.

That's right Jumbie. Jenkins, who was living in Brisbane when writing Hellblazer, takes him to Australia in one of his better arcs on the series. I thought he had a few good stories but towards the end of his run I found myself losing interest. To be frank I'm surprised he lasted three years on the series. He filled every panel with words and words yet I still know nothing about the supporting characters.

Heh. Paul Jenkins to me is very hit & miss. I haven't read his Hellblazer stuff but historically I've not read it in a continuous run but just happened upon particular arcs and creative teams- Ennis & Delano's run was what put me onto Preacher, Azzarello's onto 100 Bullets and so forth. I read some of Mike Carey's stuff and it was okay despite not being a big fan of his. I have the entire series digitally, so I just have to sit down at some point and wade on through irrespective of creative team.

And you're totally right. NOT only did I try to correct something I was wrong about but my bookshelf is clearly out of chronological order. DOUBLE FAIL.

Jenkins did some fine work for marvel - inhumans, wolvy: origins, sentry etc.

i still think i like ennis' run on Hellblazer best, it was a giant cohesive story...Ellis didn't get to do that, and azarello was enjoyable but spotty (see also: mike carey).

I agree with you guys. I rate Delano/Ennis the highest. I'm still on Azzarello. I was looking forward to Ellis and as usual it was technically pretty good but goddamn it was dark - is there a well known reason why his stint was so short on the series?

As to Mike Carey, I'm reading Unwritten at the moment and it's not as engrossing as I'd hoped for.

Cheers